Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Note
Next-Gen

Re: Phantasy Star Online - GC via Wii & Nintendont

by Note Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:27 am

Dropped off my Gamecube on Friday evening to be serviced. Fingers crossed it'll be good to go in a week or two and I can get PSO setup shortly after.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:44 am

A buddy and me started playing PSO online via this method last night. Would totally be up for joining up with some Racketboy people sometime for some dungeon exploring. We're both in the UK so it'd likely be mid-afternoon on a weekend US time.

He chose a hunter and I chose a force, so hopefully we'll have a nice party mix whatever! If you spot AJ or J in the lobby, that's us :lol:
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:12 pm

Cool. If I'm online I usually make a game called racket and password boy so if anyone from here logs on, just like we did when this was pretty of together retro.
I'm a hunter, look like a Optimus Prime names SpaceBooger.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

by Melek-Ric Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:27 pm

I'll have to dig out my Wii and set it up. Could we voice chat or just keyboard?
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:09 pm

Melek-Ric wrote:I'll have to dig out my Wii and set it up. Could we voice chat or just keyboard?

Can we use the racketboy discord server? I do not know much about that. I also do not have keyboard for my Wii/Gamecube
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

by Melek-Ric Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:13 pm

I set my Wii up and have PSO running. I am just waiting for schtserv to send me a account confirmation email. I don't think I'll be able to play today. Spent too much time getting my Wii setup together.

EDIT: Okay, it's all set up and I can connect to the server to play. My USB keyboard even works with the Wii. I just need to know like a day before the play session to be able to play.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:06 am

Got a call from my local game shop and after waiting for a little over a month, my GameCube is repaired! I plan to pick it up tomorrow evening.

Very excited as I can finally try to set up PSO and join in.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:37 am

Awesome. We will have to set up some times to play!
BLOG | BST
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:02 pm

Yeah! Keep me posted on what dates/times would work. Also, it'd be cool to do voice chat while playing through the RB Discord.

Going to test things out tonight and see if I can login to the server.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:07 am

Well, I was able to log into that Schthack server! Thanks to SB for posting the tutorial earlier.

Created a RAmar character, as that's what I played in the past, but I'd be down to switch things up, depending if a different combination makes sense for some online play! Looking forward to finally playing some PSO again.

I had trouble trying to add other players, maybe I'm missing something, but here's my info:

Return to Hacks and Mods