Component issues persisting on two systems...

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
BEERS AND VIDEOS
16-bit

Component issues persisting on two systems...

Post by BEERS AND VIDEOS »

So I've had some trouble with two component modded systems. After having some time to finally really sit down and thoroughly check out what's going on, I'm figuring out that the cables, which I thought were the initial culprit, I believe are okay. Looks like it might be the modded systems themselves. I've used the same cables with a modded system I know works, and I get no problems.

I've taken a screenshot of what's going on with one of them. They've worked in the past, but have been stored in a bin in the closet for about a year or two. If anyone has any ideas of what's going on, definitely chime in.
Attachments
IMG_5685.gif
IMG_5685.gif (394.78 KiB) Viewed 14919 times
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Component issues persisting on two systems...

Post by pierrot »

My initial guess, from that image, would be an issue with the sync signal. Can you test the composite cables with the unit?
BEERS AND VIDEOS
16-bit

Post by BEERS AND VIDEOS »

Thanks for the reply, composite cables seem to work fine. I unpacked a DUO R that's having the same problem. I'm almost thinking these are SCART RGB modded and not component modded. Would that look like the screen shot with a component cable with the similar pin out?

Sorry about the vagueness, it's been years since I had these mods done, or purchased them, so I honestly don't remember all the details.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Yeah, that could definitely be it. As long as I understand your situation correctly. So you had a (some?) consoles modded for component output, and they just accept an 8-pin DIN connector to standard component connectors to your TV? I'm assuming the signal conversion is all done internally here. Then you have a (some?) other Turbo consoles modded for RGB output?

So, in that case, yes, I think the output on the screen would probably be from using that modified component cable with a console that's actually outputting RGB.