Guidelines for being a successful trader

Post Your Goods (and possibly trade wishlists) here
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Re: Guidelines for being a successful trader

Post by Snatch1414 »

Sorry if it's been brought up but it's nice when people have a "FT" list and actually list what they're looking to trade FOR too. I can't tell you how many trade threads I click on, find a couple things I'd be interested, then give up because I don't know what the person is looking for.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Snatch1414 wrote:Sorry if it's been brought up but it's nice when people have a "FT" list and actually list what they're looking to trade FOR too. I can't tell you how many trade threads I click on, find a couple things I'd be interested, then give up because I don't know what the person is looking for.

I think the problem is that often the seller doesn't really know what they'd want in trade either. They're basically just saying that they're open to trading if you happen to have something to offer that they might find interesting.
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Post by Snatch1414 »

AppleQueso wrote:
Snatch1414 wrote:Sorry if it's been brought up but it's nice when people have a "FT" list and actually list what they're looking to trade FOR too. I can't tell you how many trade threads I click on, find a couple things I'd be interested, then give up because I don't know what the person is looking for.

I think the problem is that often the seller doesn't really know what they'd want in trade either. They're basically just saying that they're open to trading if you happen to have something to offer that they might find interesting.

I understand I guess, but even something like "I am looking for any uncommon NES games I might not have. Same with TGX16, Game Boy, and Master System. I'm also into old computer gaming (Commodore, etc)."

Like just tell me SOMEthing. Just write one or two sentences about what you collect so I at least have an idea.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
nullxor
64-bit

Post by nullxor »

You can get bulk bubble mailers on EBay for very cheap compared to the store. I bought 20 bubble mailers for NES games for $4 shipped the other week. I would have paid $15-20 after tax at Wal-Mart. Though the Duck/3M 5-10 packs are the way to go if you have to buy offline. It's around $0.30 per mailer rather than $0.70-$1. I don't like the thin layer of bubble wrap 3M uses. Duck is more thick and secure.
ilovesega
16-bit

Post by ilovesega »

What Postal Service do you guys use to keep the price so low? I been used to USPS Priority but shipping can be more than the value of the game itself in alot of cases.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

ilovesega wrote:What Postal Service do you guys use to keep the price so low? I been used to USPS Priority but shipping can be more than the value of the game itself in alot of cases.

USPS, for items under 13 oz, using 1st class makes the shipping much cheaper.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

As Jmustang said use USPS first class and if you want to save a little more just use paypal shipping and measure/weigh the items yourself labels bought online come with free tracking.

The average game only weighs between 6-9 oz if complete in box so that costs around $2.86-$3.58. Plus if your selling an item on eBay you can get a rebate of up to %32 off when buying labels through them. Anything heavier then 13 ounces you should consider using standard post on which is usually only available at the post office unless you are selling through a merchant that offers it. If it is small and heavy say 5+ pounds or if you have to ship it fast that where the priority flat rate boxes really come in handy.
ilovesega
16-bit

Post by ilovesega »

Hope this is the proper thread.. Anyways I just got an offer on Ebay for an item.. close to 200$ for laptop. However the buyer has absolutely no feedback or any action on his account at all and has been a member since 2009? How does that work out, seem really fishy to me. Any advice?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

ilovesega wrote:Hope this is the proper thread.. Anyways I just got an offer on Ebay for an item.. close to 200$ for laptop. However the buyer has absolutely no feedback or any action on his account at all and has been a member since 2009? How does that work out, seem really fishy to me. Any advice?

Where are they located? Though sounds like a crapshoot to me too. They might try to claim you sent them a brick or something.
ilovesega
16-bit

Post by ilovesega »

How do I see where they are located? They haven't actually won the auction, it was a Buy It Now or Best Offer. I nearly accepted but checked his profile and there was NOTHING. No feedback no transactions at all and he's been a member since 2009. Strange!