NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Wii U Collector's Thread

by noiseredux Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:18 am

ugh, I ended up getting rid of Axiom Verge when I was needing some game $. Now I'm regretting that one.

I have acquired some other Wii U games since, so I'll have to update when I have time. I've been having a blast exploring 1700's Boston in Assassin's Creed III for the past week, though.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:24 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:EDIT: Checking Wikipedia, it appears that NA received almost every physical Wii U release. There don’t appear to be any games released physically in Europe that were not released in NA. Oh well...it was still fun looking through the cool looking games!

Not sure fhis is accurate?

We got Project Zero 5 (Fatal Frame) and Fast Racing Neo off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others too.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:06 am

Art Academy Atelier and Teslagrad are another two.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:56 pm

The last system I collected for - Duck Tales physical version was one of my last purchases before BotW as the swan song. Super Luigi U in the green case was another I made sure to get that was first party. Star fox zero just tanked, one of the few first parties to just have the price drop out .
opa
128-bit

by opa Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:19 am

Star Fox Guard is good though. The best thing to come out of Star Fox Zero's release.
opa
128-bit

by opa Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:53 pm

So my current Wii U stack:
Mario 3D World
Tank Tank Tank
Smash Bros
Star Fox Guard
Wii Fit U (Yes I have this; it's not quite as good as the original)
Zelda BotW
New Super Mario U & Luigi U combo
Mario Kart 8
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival (got the amiibo bundle w/game for $3 new; not a difficult board game but it's not bad if you're an AC fan)
Hyrule Warriors

Besides Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, I am struggling to come up with any other physical releases I want to add to the collection. There are some games I wouldn't mind playing again (ZombiU) or trying out (Need for Speed, Mario Party 10), but I'm satisfied with what I have unless I find some bargains. The Zelda HD games I don't need as I have them on the original systems (plus they ruined Windwaker's graphics, imo). Splatoon would be cool to have again but the online will close eventually (if it hasn't already) so it- along with many other online-centric titles - would be a waste of money.

I think I will grab the Mario Kart 8 DLC because it would be cheaper to download that instead of purchasing the game again on Switch.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Wed May 27, 2020 10:12 pm

There is a new game releasing for the Wii U, it's limited to a 2000 copy release available only in the PAL region. Apparently it has been released on the Wii U's eshop, though it is supposedly a lesser version? I think the disc contains more content.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed May 27, 2020 11:09 pm

I have the eShop version. It’s an OK Metroidvania sequel to a pretty amazing point and click adventure game. That said, if we got a physical release for the Wii U in NA, I would buy it in a heartbeat. :lol:

Of the two recent Wii U physical releases in Europe, I think Shmup Collection is the more interesting. It has some games on it that are not otherwise available for the Wii U in the eShop and, in fact, only recently launched on the Switch.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Thu May 28, 2020 7:53 am

prfsnl_gmr wrote:That said, if we got a physical release for the Wii U in NA, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I second this. I almost bought it before realizing that it's not NA compatible...
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Thu May 28, 2020 9:22 am

...it's really nice to see people still into the Wii U. Personally I thought it was a great system w/more than enough great games to justify picking one up new. I'm still missing a few titles like Tank Tank Tank, NintendoLand, and Breath of the Wild but otherwise minus some digital stuff my collection may be complete.

1. New Super Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
  2. The Wonderful 101
  3. Super Mario 3D World
  4. Mario Kart 8
  5. Rayman Legends
  6. Ducktales: Remastered
  7. Bayonetta 2 (w/the original Bayonetta)
  8. NES Remix Pack
  9. Yoshi's Wooly World
  10. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  11. Hyrule Warriors
  12. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  13. Super Mario Maker
  14. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD
  15. Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
  16. Lego City Undercover
  17. The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD
  18. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  19. Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition