Re: SNES Classic coming September 29th

Post by mas »

It's already starting on eBay 200-2300 on pre orders
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

mas wrote:It's already starting on eBay 200-2300 on pre orders

Just like with amiibos, the 3DS, the Switch, the Wii U, PS VR....really not out of the ordinary.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Sarge wrote:Holy moly, y'all. It's real, and it has Yoshi's Island and Star Fox 2!

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/nintend ... -starfox-2

I really didn't want it to happen, but sadly resigned myself that there was a very likely chance this is gonna happen.

So without further ado -- it's gonna be the same limited supply / eBay scalping / 5 to each store for Christmas season again!

Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:When has any major hardware release not gone to scalpers to a certain extent? Especially Nintendo's stuff that plays to nostalgia; I don't think it's possible to keep enough of those on shelves not to run out of stock at launch. Besides, would you rather Nintendo charge $200 for it to keep demand low enough to meet supply? You have to know that price, more than anything else, drives demand. It's relatively cheap, so LOTS of people want it; how many people wanted a PS3 at $600 vs $200?

In all fairness, actually as dumb/bad as it sounds. Yes. I'd rather pay the company $200 than some douche who just intends to pray on consumers.

Gunstar Green wrote:Star Fox 2 cartridge that happens to have other games. Well played Ninty.

Tanooki wrote:Scaplers scalpers scalpers...

Stop. Just stop.

Either you'll get one or you won't.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah you right

Yes, but only if it's the MSRP. I intend to fight to get one, but I won't pay some crook looking to rip me off. It's a whole other game with new merchandise versus a limited old vintage gem entirely. Over-valued pre-orders are nothing new, that's for certain as Elkin pointed out, but I'm taking a let's see how it goes stance for now.

I'm just fed up with the crap who wouldn't be?
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

I want it. I'll sell off my SNES as a way to be able to get one, too. Helps me minimalize on some shelf space that I need.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Tanooki wrote:I'm just fed up with the crap who wouldn't be?

Well yeah, you want to get it at MSRP so that when you get bored with it in a year you can sell it for more and make a tidy profit. If you pay the reseller price now there's no profit to be had later.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I am actually getting tired of the "scalpers are getting all the units," and "Nintendo is deliberately shorting the market," crap. Several on these forums managed to get NES Classic units, some just by chance in the store. Same with Switch. It will be the same, here. If you really believe Nintendo is deliberately trying to do their customers wrong, prove it. Nintendo is in this for money, not spite.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

marurun wrote:I am actually getting tired of the "scalpers are getting all the units," and "Nintendo is deliberately shorting the market," crap. Several on these forums managed to get NES Classic units, some just by chance in the store. Same with Switch. It will be the same, here. If you really believe Nintendo is deliberately trying to do their customers wrong, prove it. Nintendo is in this for money, not spite.

This. I scored two NES classics. The first I got on day one and waited 15 minutes in line. The second I just found in a store and bought it for my mother in-law. One was effort and the other was luck. Everyone waiting in line with me was in it for themselves and not to resell.

I think folks give scalpers too much credit. Are there tens of thousands of the product on eBay going for those exorbitant prices? No.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Tanooki, did you forget your tin foil hat this morning? Or are you selectively ignoring the fact that Reprise already managed to get a pre-order without having to fight off Mordor's scalper horde? You're also aware that Amazon isn't the only place to pre-order things, right? If I ever get to Amazon too late to pre-order, I always go to Best Buy's website and have never gotten there too late to pre-order, even if I wait 12 hours after preorders open. I'm not saying that Best Buy is a 100% sure thing, but it's not like Amazon is your only option, and it's also not like you have pre-order in the United States; there are international sellers that will ship to the US. Sure, you might pay an extra $15 in shipping, but it's better than an extra $150 to some horrible scalper (who probably rapes puppies and eats newborn babies alive).
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.