SNES Classic coming September 29th

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: SNES Classic coming September 29th

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Pro tip. Always go to toys r us. They usually get the largest allocation so if you freeball it, go there and you should be good to go.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I'm going to target Best Buy first, then TRU. It's a bit much for what will effectively be a Star Fox 2 machine... but it's Star Fox 2. (I also have never been a huge fan of the series, so... maybe I should avoid getting caught up in the hype train.)
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Sarge wrote:I'm going to target Best Buy first, then TRU. It's a bit much for what will effectively be a Star Fox 2 machine... but it's Star Fox 2. (I also have never been a huge fan of the series, so... maybe I should avoid getting caught up in the hype train.)

I love Star Fox 1.

I don't like Star Fox 2.

The free roaming stuff just isn't fun to me. Vortex is pretty hard to go back to as well.

Just sayin. :lol:
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Japan's game list is up.

They got Panel de Pon, Fire Emblem, Legend of the mystical ninja, Super Soccer and Super Street Fighter 2

In place of Kirby Dream Course, Kirby Super Star, Super Punch out, Super Castlevania 4, and Street fighter 2 turbo.

So I gotta ask, if nintendo could slip one more game on to this thing what would you guys pick? My vote would be DKC 2, but Chrono trigger would also be nice.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Actually, I think the differences are:

Japan: Mystical Ninja, Super Soccer, Fire Emblem, Tetris Attack
US: Super Castlevania IV, Super Punch-Out, Kirby Dream Course, EarthBound

We also get SFII Turbo instead of SSF2.

That's a huge win for us.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Sarge wrote:Actually, I think the differences are:

My apologies I didn't see Kirby Super Star in the list
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Nice :)
Very nice :D

Here's hoping that people (myself included) can actually get a hold of one when it gets released. They've got to know that everyone and their gamer cat will want one.

Honestly, I think I want everything that has Final Fantasy III/VI associated with it. But most of these games are the bulk of my SNES experience.

I knew they'd find a way to get SMBRPG on there.
Killer APP right there.
...just another lost soul...
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Xeogred wrote:I love Star Fox 1.

I don't like Star Fox 2.

The free roaming stuff just isn't fun to me. Vortex is pretty hard to go back to as well.

Just sayin. :lol:

I think Star Fox 2 is alright but I kind of agree. It's better than Vortex though, that game is completely unwieldy. I still want it as a fan of the series though.

The question is will it be basically the leaked version we have, will it be a version that Nintendo has done more work on recently, or will it be the rumored "finished" version that was never leaked?

I think we got the better deal overall, yes.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

MrPopo wrote:
Tanooki wrote:I'm just fed up with the crap who wouldn't be?

Well yeah, you want to get it at MSRP so that when you get bored with it in a year you can sell it for more and make a tidy profit. If you pay the reseller price now there's no profit to be had later.

Call me hypocrite on that when it happens, but I wouldn't be holding your breath if I were you. The first one was an early christmas gift from the wife, it's not going anywhere and gets used on occasion. The second I got in the end of it's retail life was a gift to my daughter and she uses it in her room. Flipping them is the last thing on my mind, and if she tires of the thing I'm going to hakchi the shit out of the thing and load it with far more NES goodies. Half tempted to put 8bit GB/GBC on there too.

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Tanooki, did you forget your tin foil hat this morning? Or are you selectively ignoring the fact that Reprise already managed to get a pre-order without having to fight off Mordor's scalper horde? *snip*.

No, the tin is reserved for garlic bread almost exclusively. Good for him. Did you have a look at ebay today globally? They're already selling a wall of them for $200-400 shipped in advance (which is against ebay policies too as they supposedly prohibit pre-selling.)

And yes I'm aware many places not named Amazon have stuff, Best Buy is how I got the Switch after Amazon got tanked yet again when it went live until they were gone just like the NES CE. I'm not imagining things. And yes one could order out of the country, and yeah I'd pay $15-20 shipping to not pay a prick no question at all.

I know enough of you here dislike me and/or hate my opinions and don't like when I post or I wouldn't get such colorful responses. That said, is it really worth getting insulting? Personally I don't care, I can either reply or ignore it, but I doubt other people want to see that rabbit hole. Let's either just agree to ignore what someone doesn't like to see, or just have someone on staff ban me if all I ever am at this rate is just a can of message board repellent ok?

In the end for those going on how you can go with a flash kit, keep in mind 5 games on here won't run on the SD2SNES/Everdrive units and they alone as legit carts add up to quite a good chunk of change ignoring the other 26 titles that range from $5-200 in value. It's a good value for the package presented here.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

The different line-ups really are bizarre. Why one version of SF2 over another?

Even odder is the decision to release the European model with a bunch of games that most European players will have little nostalgia for as they were never released in Europe or were released under a different name.

I'm in NO WAY sorry that Europeans are finally getting 60hz proper versions of games they missed out on but it is a sudden, inexplicable change in logic from Nintendo, who has always used nostalgia to justify re-releasing botched 50hz versions on its digital platforms.