SNES Classic coming September 29th

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Sarge
Next-Gen

SNES Classic coming September 29th

Post by Sarge »

Holy moly, y'all. It's real, and it has Yoshi's Island and Star Fox 2!

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/nintend ... -starfox-2
Reprise
Next-Gen

SNES Classic Mini Announced - Coming Sept 29th 2017

Post by Reprise »

Well the rumours we were all hoping were true are now a reality!

After several rumours, Nintendo has confirmed that a SNES version of its Nintendo Classic Mini console will be arriving this autumn on September 29th.

Officially titled the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System, the miniature 16-bit system will come with 21 pre-installed games in total, including the never-before-released Star Fox 2.

As with its now sold-out NES predecessor, the Classic Mini: SNES can be plugged into any HDMI slot on your TV (an HDMI cable is included in the box, along with a USB cable but NOT an AC power plug). It also comes with two SNES controllers - an improvement over the Classic Mini: NES' single controller offering.

There's no word yet on how much the console will cost, or when pre-orders will open, but in the meantime, here's a list of all the included games:

Contra III: The Alien Wars™
Donkey Kong Country
EarthBound
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO
Kirby Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi’s Island.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Ninten ... ment%7Cw26
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: SNES Classic coming September 29th

Post by Reprise »

I already own at least half the games, but I'm still excited as hell :D

It's a little disappointing that there's only 21 games this time, but I understand it with all the licenses etc. Plus they probably don't want to devalue their retro library too much (and there's also two controllers included in the box this time :D)
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Reprise wrote:I already own at least half the games, but I'm still excited as hell :D

It's a little disappointing that there's only 21 games this time, but I understand it with all the licenses etc. Plus they probably don't want to devalue their retro library too much (and there's also two controllers included in the box this time :D)

I do too but the ones I don't own cost twice as much as the system itself.

I'm not surprised with the number, I figured they'd go lower than the NES classic. What is here does a great job of representing the system. It'd be hard to make a more perfect list that's this well-rounded.

The weakest link here is probably Super GnG and I can't really blame them that much for having it.

It's worth it for an official release of Starfox 2 alone. Let's hope they make more than seven of them this time.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I very much like Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts now, so even that's a good inclusion. Just the presence of Star Fox 2 has me tempted. I do actually own every other game in that list, though...
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Gunstar Green wrote:I do too but the ones I don't own cost twice as much as the system itself.

I'm not surprised with the number, I figured they'd go lower than the NES classic. What is here does a great job of representing the system. It'd be hard to make a more perfect list that's this well-rounded.

The weakest link here is probably Super GnG and I can't really blame them that much for having it.

It's worth it for an official release of Starfox 2 alone. Let's hope they make more than seven of them this time.

Indeed, very true on the cost of buying a lot of those games. And having Starfox 2 is an awesome and very surprising inclusion.

I'll be pre-ordering one as soon as they go up. I did the same with the NES Classic and clearly made the right call there after they released about 10 of them worldwide.

Edit: Actually looking again, I own pretty much 3/4s of those games already. Still worth it though :D
Last edited by Reprise on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

It's going to cost 79.99
http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic

I know i said to myself i would buy this ASAP but... seeing that list of games only makes me think "Man i still need to buy those games for my collection", also knowing how nintendo controls their suply i know this will be hard to get.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Damm64 wrote:It's going to cost 79.99
http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic

I know i said to myself i would buy this ASAP but... seeing that list of games only makes me think "Man i still need to buy those games for my collection", also knowing how nintendo controls their suply i know this will be hard to get.

I'm going to pre-order and hope for the best. If I get one I get one, if I don't then whatever.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Kind of tempted this time, even though yeah I own all but like ~3 games on there.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Sarge wrote:I very much like Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts now, so even that's a good inclusion.

Yeah I wasn't knocking the game too hard. The fact that it's the weakest says something about the overall selection.