The Awesome Deals in the Nintendo eShop Thread!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: The Awesome Deals in the Nintendo eShop Thread!

Post by alienjesus »

opa wrote:Anyone played the Genesis collection? It's on sale for $12. Seems like a decent deal for the number of games if the emulation is any count.

I've heard a few people decry the emulation as not that great, but I noticed no major issues so if you're not a total perfectionist it's playable and you get a ton of games. I played through all 51 games in their entirety last year so you could say I spent some time with the collection :lol:
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I vaguely recall you beating some Genesis games but didn't remember it was that many! :lol:
marurun

Post by marurun »

That's because his reviews were all bunched up into big clumps. Those of us in Slack chat were regaled with tales pretty consistently.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I have that Sega 3D collection on physical cartridge for 3DS. It’s my favorite 3DS pickup. Fair warning: all the games on this collection are short. You should know that going in. They’re mostly late 80s arcade fare. If you’re cool with that, then I highly recommend the Sega 3D collection - via the eShop or physical cartridge. It’s a great time either way.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

After careful consideration and weighing the pros and cons, I chose zombies instead. I got Death Road to Canada for the Switch. I completely forgot about this game. I remember being excited for it when it was being developed originally for mobile. Years pass and hey it's on the Switch and on sale! Great zombie survival game. It also has couch co-op too which is really neat.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Hold on to your wallets! There’s a summer sale in the eShop right now, and 1300+ games are on sale.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

No Arcade Archives games for sale. :? :? :?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:No Arcade Archives games for sale. :? :? :?

Yes, but...all of the Konami collections are for sale as well as all of the Sega arcade games.
marurun

Post by marurun »

And Grandia! If you want a really really good RPG, buy that junk!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I saw that...my life is just too short for all of these games. I hope is that, when I’m standing at the pearly gates (or the gates of hell, more likely) St. Peter (or, more likely, Cerberus) has a pretty sweet gaming set up so that poor souls like me can clear their backlogs before moving on...