The Awesome Deals in the Nintendo eShop Thread!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: The Awesome Deals in the Nintendo eShop Thread!

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Michi wrote:
Tanooki wrote:I don't recall don't they retire gold coins after awhile just like the old Nintendo code sheet points?

I dislike these digital prizes but if they'll vanish on me I'll throw it at something, probably that pinball.

Platinum points expire 6 months after you acquire them.

Gold points expire after 1 year.

If you click on your coins and then go to "point summary," in the middle of the tabs on the page you can go to "Points experation" that'll tell you exactly how many of which kinds of coins will expire at the end of which month :)
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I don't think I ever got any platinum. Nintendo has become pretty messed up and cheap about their coins with this new generation. I don't have much gold either since they only give 20% as much because I won't rent games through their store and buy physical copies. It's why I don't pay much attention to their details or sales as I have little to spend with but I'd rather what little I have not go to waste too.

I'll have to take a peek and see.

I have 500 platinum and 84 gold, 110 platinum go bad in 2 days.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Damnit.... I got a code for Zen Pinball 3D and I already have it, didn't realize I did.

Called NOA, they can't refund coins so I'm out 50 of 84 gold.

Anyone maybe need/want this code, maybe have something trade worthy against it on 3DS or perhaps a GoG/Steam code for a game I like maybe?

If you do just PM me, I don't read this regularly so I may miss it.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

There are few guarantees in life: death, taxes, and Gunman Clive being on sale on the eShop are amongst them.

I checked out the 3DS shop tonight, my old friend with 3D Sega titles (on sale also fwiw). Do they still run virtual console sales? I’d like to eventually get Earthbound, maybe some old Pokémon games just to store away.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

retrosportsgamer wrote:There are few guarantees in life: death, taxes, and Gunman Clive being on sale on the eShop are amongst them.

I checked out the 3DS shop tonight, my old friend with 3D Sega titles (on sale also fwiw). Do they still run virtual console sales? I’d like to eventually get Earthbound, maybe some old Pokémon games just to store away.

They don't really run virtual console sales, but if you have a my Nintendo accoutn you can exchange the gold and silver coins you get for various things for vouchers which off reductions, and VC games are often included. It's pretty hit and miss what will be available each month though.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I'd bet most Sega retro stuff is on sale. The Sega Ages games on the Switch are; I grabbed Shinobi last night.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

The M2 sega 3DS games are also currently on sale. I have them all, and they are quite possibly my favorite thing on the system.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Anyone played the Genesis collection? It's on sale for $12. Seems like a decent deal for the number of games if the emulation is any count.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I think I read that alienjesus spent some time with that collection...
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

retrosportsgamer wrote:The M2 sega 3DS games are also currently on sale. I have them all, and they are quite possibly my favorite thing on the system.

Actually the fact that Sega 3D Classics got a physical release is my favorite thing on the system.