The Splatoon Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: The Splatoon Thread

Post by retrosportsgamer »

I'm totally open to going back, especially thinking more on the limits of the right stick. I see what you mean with the less accuracy.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:I've found the defaults super comfortable. I believe it accounts for both the y and x axis.

Why did you turn off the gyro? I can't imagine being competitive without it. Sticks only just doesn't seem precise enough for splatting people. The tablet can account for about 20 degrees to either side on the Y axis as well FYI.

I have been trying to argue the use of gyros in the fps aspect of all the games in wiiu. They work absolutely perfect and are far more reliable than a thumbstick. It is almost mouse perfect.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Yeah. Love the gyro for sure.

Also just reached Dog King rank. Go team dog! (I like cats too)
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Splatfest is fucking wonderful.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Isn't it? The lights, the music, Judd doing his cute little dance, it's just fun. Far more fun than anything else around me today.

It scares me how much time I put into Splatoon because of the Splatfest today though. It's not like I had anything else going on but my play log says 6 and a half hours :shock:. And what's more worrying is I kind of want to just go and play some more now!

I want to say Japan already has their second Splatfest scheduled so I'm thinking this might be a monthly thing which is fine with me! Already looking forward to the next one.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

Tower Mode sounds great. I need to log back on soon. It's been *gasp* like a week.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Ehrmagherd. This game is rulz.

My son got it for his birthday yesterday. I'm fearing the lifespan of my gamepad's thumbsticks.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Flake

Post by Flake »

s1mplehumar wrote:Tower Mode sounds great. I need to log back on soon. It's been *gasp* like a week.

I still have barely touched ranked. I've been having so much success in turf war that I haven't wanted to change anything.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Flake wrote:
s1mplehumar wrote:Tower Mode sounds great. I need to log back on soon. It's been *gasp* like a week.

I still have barely touched ranked. I've been having so much success in turf war that I haven't wanted to change anything.

I'm more successful in Splat Zones than anything else, even though I've played it less. People normally rush so blindly for the zone to paint they never thing to check around corners. Just stand somewhere where their back will be to you as they run for the zone and you can get silly amounts of kills. My record is 27 in one match so far :lol:
Flake

Post by Flake »

Totally correct. There is so much psychology going on in this game. You can win a game by forcing the enemy to waste their time or play inefficiently. Most of the games where I score the most points for my team, my kill count is very low. I prefer to attack the enemies colors more than them.