The Splatoon Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Opa Opa

Re: The Splatoon Thread

Post by Opa Opa »

Most automatic guns kill in 2-4 hits anyway. Snipers in 1, rollers in 1, that shotgun type weapon in 1... Regenerating health only matters if you're able to run away.
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

I picked this up the other day but have only been able to play a couple times, and it has mostly been the single player campaign. last night I decided to dive into the online matches. played until 2:00 am. eyes blurry... mind numb... hands cramping... haven't done that in a very long time. reached level 6 before calling it a night. the game is an absolute blast.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Is the match making quick? Because i've had VERY bad experiences with online match making on consoles in the past.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

I have my Wii U in my basement. it picks up a decent wifi signal but it's on the edge of its range.

I never waited more than a minute last night for a game and I put a few solid hours of play in. twice I got kicked out of the lobby because of another player having connectivity issues. but was right back in and playing quickly.

no complaints from me so far about wait time.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Opa Opa wrote:
jay_red wrote:Game isnt working too well for me at the moment. Was able to play 2 games, then it got stuck in the lobby for longer than I cared to wait, restarted the console and now it can't get me into a lobby at all.

Unrelated note, once you use the Amibo to unlock the gear/extra modes, does the game ever ask for the Amibo again? I was wondering if maybe we could get some sort of "Amibo Share" going for those of us that want the content, but were unable to get them at retail, and refuse to pay the scalpers their stupid prices. I dont know if this would work, there is a possibility that the game writes something to the Amibo when its touched to the game pad. It might be a dumb idea, but could be worth a shot... :oops:

You only need them to start the challenge levels so I think they're pretty useless unless you'd like to replay the challenges.

I imagine sharing would work. If not, Nintendo are jerks. :lol:

I found a lone Inkling boy Amiibo at Frys yesterday and picked it up. After taping it to the game pad, it has you "register" the Amiibo to your name, and give it a nickname. This pretty much confirms that you cannot use them on multiple consoles, but since I dont have any access to another console, I cannot test to see what happens.

I finally got to try the ranked mode yesterday. My first match went great, it was back and fourth the entire match, and even had "overtime". We won and I got some points and it was cool... Then my next 3 matches got decimated, like in the end we got 0 points, and it was scored a "knock out". It was actually really frustrating and I went right back to turf war.

My new favorite loadout is the .52 Gal with the seeker boat and the missile. The .52 Gal lays down ink so much better, and it doesnt feel like it goes through it too quickly. I wasn't sure about the seeker at first, I love bombs, but once I got the hang of it, I had them locking onto the enemy team left and right.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

So I grabbed this and it's every bit amazing. When are we going to do a Racketboy Meetup for this one? I'm wondering if we can daisy-chain invites to one lobby of all Racketeers. My guess is we could all try and join one member.

Everyone, get in here!
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Post by pepharytheworm »

3DSStrider wrote:I was so excited for this game. I knew it would be a day one purchase for me and I would enjoy it so much. And then I found out that it has my most hated gameplay mechanic, the worst thing to happen to shooters since Half-Life style in-game playable cutscene bullshit.

Regenerating health.

So I put that $60 towards a Dreamcast wheel instead.

I know right. My friend was shot with some ink and he died right on the spot. People need to realize ink death by squirt gun is common and this regenerating health is misinforming the public.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

anyone playing tonight?
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

I love this game.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

beatnix wrote:anyone playing tonight?

I'll be on this evening.

ID: Eronnicus
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525