The Splatoon Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

The Splatoon Thread

Post by Cronozilla »

http://youtu.be/KkXmABkDlNE?t=30m13s

Who's interested?

After seeing Single Player, I'm down for it.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Re: The Splatoon Thread

Post by Hazerd »

im down, i await a demo.
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

When I saw it for the first time, I wanted it to be available right that second. I expect to see it a few years from now in one of Metal Jesus's Wii U hidden gems videos.

Looks amazing, can't wait, think a lot of people are going to ignore it/pass it over in favour of spending on other titles they want more.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

I was really interested in it for the online multiplayer. Then I heard Nintendo made a single player campaign and I :roll: -ed. Then I watched the actual trailer and I went :shock: -> 8)
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

What the hell did I actually just watch? I'm not quite sure what the objective of that game was, but I'm strangely interested.

It looked like Blooper from Super Mario Brothers got a FLUDD unit and filled it with paint? Am I far off on this premise?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Blu wrote:What the hell did I actually just watch? I'm not quite sure what the objective of that game was, but I'm strangely interested.

It looked like Blooper from Super Mario Brothers got a FLUDD unit and filled it with paint? Am I far off on this premise?

So the multi-player aspect of the game is this:

Two teams are placed in a map and you have to cover the ground with paint. Whoever has the most point coverage wins. You can also shoot the other team and paint over their coverage. When in your paint, you can turn into a squid and swim through it, using it as cover and as a means to move through gratings at a fast pace. Get stuck in the other teams paint and you move sluggish and slow.

With the single player experience... man... I just don't know. There was a lot to process. At E3, they simply showed it off as a multi-player game and people were surprised and entertained, but were very interested in what could be done in a single-player mode. What we saw there was very platformer and puzzle oriented and looked, intense!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Blu wrote:What the hell did I actually just watch? I'm not quite sure what the objective of that game was, but I'm strangely interested.

Two teams are placed in a map and you have to cover the ground with paint. Whoever has the most point coverage wins. You can also shoot the other team and paint over their coverage. When in your paint, you can turn into a squid and swim through it, using it as cover and as a means to move through gratings at a fast pace. Get stuck in the other teams paint and you move sluggish and slow.

Or the short version: MOBA shooter, combined with Nintendo excellence.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Again, it looks awesome.

Nintendo releasing stuff way faster than I can keep up.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:

With the single player experience... man... I just don't know. There was a lot to process. At E3, they simply showed it off as a multi-player game and people were surprised and entertained, but were very interested in what could be done in a single-player mode. What we saw there was very platformer and puzzle oriented and looked, intense!

They're also squids shooting ink, which is a fun idea. I think.
WallCrusher
32-bit

Post by WallCrusher »

So yeah, this game is pretty much a must have for my collection. Haven't really been all that interested in many new releases lately, so it's great to see something where I'm thinking... "I have no idea what I just watched, but I like it."
WANNA GET YOUR WALLS CRUSHED?