AppleQueso

Re: The Splatoon Thread

Post by AppleQueso »

It's just so messy

of course I want it
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Ah, so there IS going to be a single player campaign mode. When all we saw was the multi player portion of the game, I was wondering it if was just gonna be a full retail game. Even before the single player reveal, I was pretty excited for this anyway. It looks excellent.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Hi, haven't been on here in a while...

Anyone East of the Mississippi staying up for the Splatoon demo?
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

I just finished playing for about 40 minutes, really enjoyed it so far.

The class with the rollers seem way to overpowered though. You can turn into a squid, fly at someone with heaps of speed, then turn back into a human with the roller and get a kill.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

I think I liked it more before the demo. Just couldn't get the hang of the controls - and the roller class seemed to score drastically more points than any other. Lots of potential, but i'm not very impressed by the demo.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

SpoonyBard wrote:I think I liked it more before the demo. Just couldn't get the hang of the controls - and the roller class seemed to score drastically more points than any other. Lots of potential, but i'm not very impressed by the demo.

Yeah, I also found the fact it used movement to aim, in addition to the right stick off putting, would really prefer to just aim with the right stick.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

You can. On the character select screen there is an options menu that allows you to turn motion controls off. I don't play a lot of shooters like this, so it could just be me - but something about the controls just feels off.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

SpoonyBard wrote:You can. On the character select screen there is an options menu that allows you to turn motion controls off. I don't play a lot of shooters like this, so it could just be me - but something about the controls just feels off.

Damn, I missed that completely.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Roller- I wouldn't necessarily call it OP. It has crappy range for the small fling attack. If you're smart you can get those squid-sneak kills but you're relying on the enemies not spraying part of your paint. The roller is really best for covering the ground anyway. Charging into a heated battle with it usually got me killed; though I did manage a few double-kills. :P

Motion controls- yeah, disable that. Motion + right stick was the most bass-ackwards control scheme I've seen in a while. It felt really unnatural.

I'm going to try to play again this morning.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Slightly mixed reception from you guys then?

I missed the first demo (4-5am UK time) but I'm ready for the next one in 20 minutes. I'm really looking forward to this game, so I hope it's good!