Zelda: Skyward sucks, Twilight is good, CDi games are canon

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Opa Opa

Zelda: Skyward sucks, Twilight is good, CDi games are canon

Post by Opa Opa »

Seeing as we're not getting Zelda U until the year 2077, I figured I would play the two Wii games.

I've never beaten either of the two so I'll ask you guys: which one should I tackle first, and why?

Personally, I don't care which one I play first but I'm curious to know the forum's consensus.
Last edited by Opa Opa on Tue May 26, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword-what should I play fi

Post by fastbilly1 »

Play Twilight Princess first. Skyward Sword is a much superior game and if you try to go back you will be upset. Unless you have TP on the Gamecube. Then play order wont matter.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Well the plan is to play them on my Wii U because 1- it's already hooked up and 2- I'm borrowing the games anyway so I don't have any intentions of spending money on a different version.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

I think this depends how much tolerance you have for motion controls and backtracking. If it's a lot, then Skyward Sword. If not so much, Twilight Princess.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Play TP first then. Because SS fixes the sword fighting, and going from quasi control to shake for button press, is maddening.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

its a minor difference,

but which Twilight princess will you be playing?

Gamecube and Wii versions are flipped. And there's the obvious wiimote controls to work with.

Link is a lefty or righty depending on which version. I dont remember which on top of my head. Googling should solve it.

It helps to know this a little, if you ever get stuck on a hard puzzle or something, most online strategy guides (or gamefaqs guide) are based on the Wii version.

So you have to change the move or do the (mirror) opposite of what the guide says.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Link Between Worlds.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Link is a righty in the motion controlled Zelda games (TP Wii & SS). He's a lefty in all other Zelda games.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

MrPopo wrote:Link is a righty in the motion controlled Zelda games (TP Wii & SS). He's a lefty in all other Zelda games.

So in Twilight Princess for the GCN he's a lefty? Did they really change that detail? Weird.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Stark wrote:
MrPopo wrote:Link is a righty in the motion controlled Zelda games (TP Wii & SS). He's a lefty in all other Zelda games.

So in Twilight Princess for the GCN he's a lefty? Did they really change that detail? Weird.

The whole world is flipped to fix it.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP