The most Sega game made by Nintendo

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
marurun

The most Sega game made by Nintendo

Post by marurun »

Inspired by some bonus content from the Insert Credit Podcast, I'm curious to know what people think is the most Sega game Nintendo ever made. I'm not talking about games actually contract-developed by Sega like F-Zero GX. The guys on Insert Credit posited that Mario Sunshine is possibly the most Sega of Nintendo offerings, though I almost wonder if Splatoon would be more a shoo-in for that, given Sega's own experimentation with multiplayer on-line games during the Dreamcast era (like Visual Concepts's Ooga Booga).

So what's your take on this? What's the most Sega thing to ever come out of Nintendo?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: The most Sega game made by Nintendo

Post by alienjesus »

The whole Custom Robo franchise has a real sega feeling to it to me.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Urban Champion - "Walk right and punch people."

The Mother/Earthbound Series - Bizarre American pop culture-based RPG with sci-fi, fantasy, and psychic powers.

The Tingle Games - I feel like Tingle should own a SeaMan tank.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

Wave Race 64.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
KiddMarine

Post by KiddMarine »

It has to be Wave Race 64, looks and feels like an AM2 arcade racer. Even the announcer is pure arcade SEGA!
marurun

Post by marurun »

I think both of you are into something with Wave Race 64.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

Love the topic and responses so far!

Chibi Robo for Gamecube and Arms on the Switch also feel like they could have been made by Sega.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Wave Race 64 is a great call.

Kuru Kuru Kururin feels very much like a Sega title to me. Openly embracing new gameplay mechanics along with late ‘90s/early ‘00s weirdness, was very much Dreamcast-era Sega, and Kuru Kuru Kururin definitely does both. I’m not sure it counts, though, since Nintendo farmed out its development…

On the hardware side, the Wii U is very much the most Sega of Nintendo’s consoles.
marurun

Post by marurun »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:On the hardware side, the Wii U is very much the most Sega of Nintendo’s consoles.

Why do you think that? Sega's non-arcade hardware history is, 32x and Saturn aside, arguably pretty pragmatic.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

marurun wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:On the hardware side, the Wii U is very much the most Sega of Nintendo’s consoles.

Why do you think that? Sega's non-arcade hardware history is, 32x and Saturn aside, arguably pretty pragmatic.

I took that statement in regards to Sega adding on and pushing current limits a little farther like with the SCD and 32x. The Wii U was seen by some as a 32x like controller upgrade (with a screen) to the Wii and therefore passed on it.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.