Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Flexible USB micro cable?

by fuctfuct Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:53 am

Most of the time when i'm emulating games I end up using a wireless Dualshock 4. It's actually faster, input lag wise, over BT than wired. The other day I learnt how to overclock it. On average its still a tiny bit faster wireless. However it's more consistent VIA overclocked/wired. So i'm using it wired!! lol. ANYWAYS, now i'm looking for a nice USB cable. Any of you know of one that is nice and flexible? I want one that is "limp" and soft. All the the standard and braided ones I have are fairly stiff.

Ziggy587

Re: Flexible USB micro cable?

by Ziggy587 Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:55 pm

The Amazon Basics USB cables are nice and flexible. And cheap, too. I would try one of those.

edit: I have several Amazon Basics USB cables and have been satisfied with all of them.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
marurun

by marurun Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:24 pm

I have had good luck with Cable Matters cables, too. I bought a couple multipacks of USB extension cables to mount to the side of my standing desk to make sure the transition between sitting and standing didn’t gank anything.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

by fuctfuct Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:03 pm

Thanks.. I'll try both.

Ziggy587 wrote:The Amazon Basics USB cables are nice and flexible. And cheap, too. I would try one of those.

edit: I have several Amazon Basics USB cables and have been satisfied with all of them.

Which ones are the flexie boys? They make a few.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:00 pm

Hmm, looks like the exact ones I got are no longer in production. There's a new version of them, but I haven't used them.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Mal ... NPG9/?th=1
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

by fuctfuct Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:12 pm

Kinda want one of them fancy magnetic ones. Since I'm mainly concerned with fatiguing the connector on the controller. Most of the ones I can find reviews of have very stiff looking braided cables. Wish I could find a cloth braided one. They are all stiff as frig nylon.

Edit: I just watched a few controller charging port replacement vids. Easy! I'll just buy a few of those parts, and replace them when they break. My main controller is a tiny bit loose. Might just replace now.

Moar editz: I ordered a bunch of Silicone USB cables. Various brands. They look nice and floppy. Still looking for a magnetic one that isn't stiff nylon braided.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

by fuctfuct Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:31 pm

I forgot to update this. Hoco silicone USB cables are fantastic. They are so light and flexible that the controller feels wireless. I've also had zero problems charging various devices with them. :mrgreen:
Return to Technical Help