Qanba Carbon Seimitsu? Sanwa?

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Qanba Carbon Seimitsu? Sanwa?

Post by fuctfuct »

I've been using a Qanba Carbon for a few months. It was the cheapest stick I could find ($65 CAD shipped) that wasn't total garbage. It was even cheaper than the Hori Mini. I use it for Arcade emulation. I play mostly Shmups, Beat em ups (Bemups?), Neo Geo and "normal" arcade stuff. Not really into fighting games. I usually only fire up Street Fighter II just to listen to it for a while. Brings me right back to the arcade hearing it, lol. I'm not great at Shmups but I'm having fun okay! Anyways, from doing a little googling it seems people like Seimitsu for Shmups and Sawna for fighting. But what the "best" all round stick, in your opinion?

As for buttons I'm pretty much set on Seimitsu. However I cant decide if I should do the Neo Geo colors on the top row, the bottom row, or both rows. Thoughts? lol

:P

BONUS ROUND: Do they make Japanese style concave buttons? That would be amazing. I haven't been able to find any though.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Re: Qanba Carbon Seimitsu? Sanwa?

Post by JoeAwesome »

There’s no “best” stick, but likely the most common stick you’ll see people use and in candy cabs is the Sanwa JLF.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

I remember reading somewhere that most cabs in Japan, back in the day, ran Seimitsu sticks.. *shrugs* NFI

I'm just gonna go all Seimitsu. With a battop for extra going against the current mainstream! haha
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

When I was building mine I read that for competition using Sanwa buttons is preferred. When I built a test cab I had some leaf-spring concave buttons and not wanting to put the "good" buttons in I threw the leafspring ones in and found out I actually prefer them.
For joystick, I prefer Sanwa JLF with an octogate to some others I tried. I have an analog arcade stick from Ultimarc I'm looking forward to testing out, but I haven't hooked it up yet.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

Post by marurun »

I have one of these sticks and I actually like the stock parts OK. They're certainly good enough for me, though I'm no measure of competition-grade quality.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

I’m not competitive at all, but I’ve tried a few Seimitsu levers and almost every stick I buy comes with a JLF. I prefer the Seimitsus with heavier springs like my LS-38. Broken in JLFs feel mushy to me, but not unusable. I mostly play fighters, but play shmups occasionally as well.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

I’m not competitive at all either. I watch 1CC twitch streams all the time.. i'm more of a 50CC arcade player lol. The stick is actually fine for me as is. I just got caught up in the "hype" of REAL JAPANESE PARTS! hah. I would like the Neo Geo colors though, so I'll probably still do it.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

fuctfuct wrote:I'm just gonna go all Seimitsu. With a battop for extra going against the current mainstream! haha

Really stick it to them and go all Happ.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Honestly, my biggest annoyance with the Qanba Carbon is how close the buttons are to the stick.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

fastbilly1 wrote:
fuctfuct wrote:I'm just gonna go all Seimitsu. With a battop for extra going against the current mainstream! haha

Really stick it to them and go all Happ.

:lol: I'd actually love some concave buttons. But Happ type stuff doesn't fit Japanese style stuff. Mostly due to depth. Happ sticks suck tho :)

marurun wrote:Honestly, my biggest annoyance with the Qanba Carbon is how close the buttons are to the stick.

Hasn't bugged me yet. And i have pretty big hands (I'm 6'4'' 240 lol)