Help setting DS4 on Windows

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Ziggy

Re: Help setting DS4 on Windows

Post by Ziggy »

I never messed around with gamepads on DOSbox, so I'm not sure. I guess DOSbox doesn't have any "Joy2Key" feature built into it? If not, then yeah, you would need one.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Ziggy587 wrote:I never messed around with gamepads on DOSbox, so I'm not sure. I guess DOSbox doesn't have any "Joy2Key" feature built into it? If not, then yeah, you would need one.

How do you play retro games on PC with a controller if you don't use DOSBox
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

If the game natively supports a gamepad, then you can just set that up in DOSBox without any additional software. It's only for games that do NOT support gamepads that you would need a "Joy2Key" solution for.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Ziggy587 wrote:If the game natively supports a gamepad, then you can just set that up in DOSBox without any additional software. It's only for games that do NOT support gamepads that you would need a "Joy2Key" solution for.

My apologies, I thought all modern controllers need a Joy2Key to work on games from the direct-input era. I tried Ikaruga on Steam and everything worked flawless plug-n-play out of the box, why can't all things work as seamless as this?

I have learned of a way to import games into Steam client and launch them from there and that will make the game compatible with the controller without extra software.