What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Golgo 14
128-bit

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Golgo 14 »

bmoc wrote:
If I am being honest, I was just happy to be back in a theater.

This. I've seen five movies in the past three weeks, after watching, like, two in the previous 14 months. I kind of hate watching movies at home.

Also, the theaters are still sparsely attended in northern California, so I get to feel like a real patron of the arts supporting my locally-owned theater.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

I've yet to see a movie in theaters since the pandemic, but I'm looking forward to doing that soon.

I watched Army of the Dead on Netflix the other night with my partner -- she loves horror movies and anything to do with zombies, so we watch them pretty frequently. I thought the movie was a lotta fun. Had some scares and some good action sequences too.

Anyone else see it?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I've heard good things about Army of the Dead.

If you like zombie flicks, check out Zombie (aka Zombi 2), Zombi 3 and Zombie Holocaust.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I thought Army of the Dead was a solid zombie action flick. I wasn't blown away but I wasn't disappointed either.

Why does Zack Synder desperately want zombie babies to be a thing?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I thought Army of the Dead was aggressively OK. It has some good sequences, but it’s about 60 minutes too long and really predictable. Still, it was mostly entertaining.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Does it contain any possible evidence of taking place in the same universe as the Dawn of the Dead remake? Just say yes or no, hold the spoilers please.

Also, DYK that the original Dawn of the Dead was called Zombi in Europe, and that it got a computer game adaptation from a then-unknown French developer known as Ubi-Soft? In fact, IIRC the game ZombiU (and its rerelease outside of the WiiU) was a spiritual successor to their Zombi/Dawn of the Dead game?

So glad I bought the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition back in '07. Too bad it's DVD and the Blu-Ray is OOP.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

bmoc wrote:I thought Army of the Dead was a solid zombie action flick. I wasn't blown away but I wasn't disappointed either.

Yeah, this is about where I stand with it. Nothing amazing, but it was some mindless fun on a Saturday night.

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I thought Army of the Dead was aggressively OK. It has some good sequences, but it’s about 60 minutes too long and really predictable. Still, it was mostly entertaining.

You're right about the length. They could've at least cut a half hour from the run time. Lol.

The tiger zombie was pretty bad ass too.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I watched a little bit of Army of Dead. It didn't really hook me in, but I may try and finish watching sometime this week. The intro reminded me a lot of the one from Zombieland with the Metallica music. I enjoyed that a lot. I need to finish Kong vs Godzilla too. The only movies I've watched to completion recently were Hardcore Henry and the Snyder cut of Justice League, both of which I enjoyed. Justice League has a lot of issues, even with the Snyder cut, but his version ultimately left me satisfied when I finished it. It's a mess of a movie, but with enough good parts that it won me over.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

New write-up of the week....

Beaks

Beaks is the type of movie you get when you manage to acquire a slew of International investors who want to try to recreate the success of The Birds and who also don't give one flying f*&% about animal cruelty....or other pesky things like coherent plots. It's also filled with bad acting, terrible dubbed dialogue, a plethora of annoying characters, some awful reporters, and the blood of countless pigeons. As far as Z-grade knock-offs go, this one will likely fulfill all your horrible expectations.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Awesome review, as always, Michi. Also, you’ve seen Birdemic, right?