What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Limewater
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Limewater »

REPO Man wrote:If you're aware of the O. Henry classic, or its numerous retellings, you'll know what to expect.

The 'O.' stands for "Orgasmatron."
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Actually O. Henry is a pen name and the O didn't stand for anything until he said it stood for Olivier.

The first time version of The Gift of the Magi I remember was when the story was used as a subplot from the Rugrats episode The Santa Experience.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

marurun wrote:this “dear diary” Christmas shit needs to stop. I cannot right now.

It wouldn't be the right thread but wouldn't Parasite Eve work? Christmas based horror lol
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I've been dying to see it. I used to have a copy of the book, but sadly it was one of many books I lost in a flood.

As for Christmas horror, does anyone consider Gremlins a Christmas film?
Ack

Post by Ack »

REPO Man wrote:I've been dying to see it. I used to have a copy of the book, but sadly it was one of many books I lost in a flood.

As for Christmas horror, does anyone consider Gremlins a Christmas film?

It is.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

REPO Man wrote:Actually O. Henry is a pen name and the O didn't stand for anything until he said it stood for Olivier.

If my name was "Orgasmatron" I'd be a bit coy about it too.

Also, in honor of the season, what is everyone's favorite Wednesday-themed movies? Mine is probably Addams Family Values.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

I'm gonna go with I Know What You Did Last Wednesday.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

You know what Wednesday reminds me of? South Park, which got a movie (Bigger, Longer and Uncut) as well as six 45-60 minute long specials: Pandemic Special, Vaccination Special, Post-Covid, Post-Covid: The Return of Covid, and the Streaming Wars duology. Though just a reminder that the Pandemic and Vaccination specials are on HBO Max, with the former being listed under Season 24 and the latter being listed as South ParQ: Vaccination Special. The remaining specials are on Paramount+. Remember that the Post-Covid duology takes place AFTER the Vaccination Special and BEFORE season 25 with the Streaming Wars duology taking place after Season 25. I'm assuming that BLU takes place during season 3 based on its release date.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Just finished 8-Bit Christmas, an enjoyable Christmas film I absolutely STRONGLY recommend to the folks here on Racketboy. In it, a dad (Neil Patrick Harris) tells his daughter about how his quest to get an NES for Christmas, all the trials he faced and yhe life lessons he learned.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Another laundry day in November, another Christmas film.

In this sequel to the original, set 33 years later, Ralphie returns to his childhood home with his wife, son and daughter after his father passes away. Many of the original cast returns, including Scott Schwartz (who as many may or may not known had a brief time in the adult film industry in the '90s) and Zack Ward (who ironically sued Warner Bros a couple of times over the years over apparent unlawful use of his image in merchandise based on A Christmas Story), and obviously the original Ralphie himself, Peter Billingsley (who also appeared in the first Iron Man film, Elf and the Full Moon Studios sci-fi flick Arcade).

I definitely recommend this.