What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by REPO Man »

Rewatched A Muppets Christmas Carol during Christmas dinner at my mom's boss's house, which one of the other guests adores.

Then I watched the new Doctor Who Christmas special when I got home. I expect great things from Ncuti Gatwa as The Doctor
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

First film of 2024 is an oldie but goodie:

I recently bought the Arrow Video 4K Blu-ray Hellraiser: Quartet of Torment box set from DiabolikDVD, a UK import featuring the first four Hellraiser films in GORGEOUS 4K. It even features the workprint for Hellraiser: Bloodline.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

I saw Wonka last night and really liked it. I was going to skip it because I wasn't interested in the premise and the trailer looked annoying, but the good reviews (and nothing much else of interest to see on Discount Tuesday) convinced me to see it. It's a musical and while none of the songs really stand out a day later, I enjoyed them all during the movie. Overall, it's a ridiculously imaginative movie with lots of directorial flourishes and whimsical details that suit the subject well. It's another example of how cgi can be used to serve the story and delight people.

The director is Paul King who did both of the recent Paddington movies which were great. I remember when the trailers and ads came out for the first Paddington movie and there were so many jokes about how lame it was and everyone just knew it was going to suck, and then it came out and wowed just about everyone. There's a similar thing going on here, I think. The man has the power to take a dodgy premise and turn it into gold.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

cowboys & aliens . I knew it was a sucky movie and I watched it for laugh but seriously, writers do not put enough thought to make a story worthwhile any more. Just pump out any vomit out.

I was told that there is a supposed twist at the end. I don't get it. Fugitive turns hero then leaves town is like the oldest story told. am I missing something?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Months ago I scored a 4K Blu-ray of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and tonight I finally watched it. I've seen it a few times already but this is the first time I've seen it in years.

I realize it's a landmark horror film but I think it should be a movie one sees when they're younger and less versed in horror.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

A couple of nights ago I popped this in.

A great sequel but WOW, I forgot how much harder this goes off the rails compared to the first one.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Hellraiser II > Hellraiser
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Watched this last night. The 4K Blu-ray release from Arrow Video's (currently UK exclusive) box set includes an unrated cut, which adds scenes not in the theatrical release, albeit taken from a 4:3 standard definition source.

Without Clive Barker at the helm, this one went a bit further off the rails.

Also, not gonna lie but while he's an entitled prick oozing toxic masculinity, I have to admit that JP could get it.

REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

A couple of days ago I rewatched this Italian zombie cult classic before work.

Definitely goes off the rails hard and fast.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

The first in Lucio Fulci's Gates of Hell trilogy, 1980's City of the Living Dead follows a reporter and a psychic who travel to the town of Dunwich to close one of the seven Gates of Hell, opened after a priest hanged himself in a graveyard. As long as the gate remains opened, the living dead will rise up and devour the living and if not closed by the dawn of All Saints Day, the damned will invade the earth and consume us all!