What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Mario Movie was fun.

It's funny. 30 years ago I was 10 and saw that "other" Mario movie -- today I brought my 10 year old daughter.

Lumalee = best character.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

INTERIOR, GEORGE CLOONEY'S HOUSE.
GEORGE CLOONEY FINISHES DIALING A NUMBER AND WAITS A MOMENT FOR AN ANSWER

GEORGE CLOONEY: Hello good friend Julia Roberts! I was just thinking about you and all of the fun we have had and money we have made starring in the Oceans movies together.

JULIA ROBERTS (over the phone): Why yes, George Clooney! We sure have made a lot of money! I wouldn't mind having more fun and making more money! Maybe we should make another movie together!

GEORGE CLOONEY: It's like you read my mind! I was just thinking, people will watch ANYTHING we make together.

JULIA ROBERTS: I think you're right. But if we make a movie together, can we do the Adam Sandler thing and just shoot it at a fancy tropical resort? I would really like to hang out at a tropical resort this time.

GEORGE CLOONEY: We're producers. I'm sure we can make it happen. Now we just need to find the right screenplay. And by that, I mean the first screenplay we encounter that allows us to hang out in a tropical resort.

JULIA ROBERTS: Great! Do it! I'll be ready! I'm hanging up now. Bye.

GEORGE CLOONEY: B---

DIAL TONE.

GEORGE CLOONEY looks sad.

INTERIOR, EXPENSIVE BUT CASUAL RESTAURANT IN LOS ANGELES, LUNCH TIME. KAITLYN DEVER and BILLIE LOURD are enjoying a meal together. They are probably drinking smoothies.

KAITLYN DEVER: I had so much fun making Book Smart with you, my new best friend Billie Lourd! We should make another movie together!

BILLIE LOURD: Oh my gosh! I had so much fun, too! You are my new best friend! We should make another movie together. In fact, we should make the very next movie we get offered that allows us work together. No other considerations whatsoever.

KAITLYN DEVER: Pinky Promise?

BILLIE LOURD: Pinky Promise.

KAITLYN DEVER AND BILLIE LOURD pinkie promise.

INTERIOR, MRS. DILLON'S CREATIVE WRITING CLASS. OL PARKER IS STANDING IN FRONT OF THE CLASS.

OL PARKER: And then, the dolphin bites him right in the junk!

MRS. DILLON: In the junk? Seriously? The dolphin bites him on the penis?

OL PARKER: Yes! That dolphin bites him right on the penis!

MRS. DILLON: Someone call Hollywood! This is amazing. I could FUCK SO HARD with this!

And that is how I am assuming "Ticket to Paradise" (2022) was made.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Mario movie was good. Worth watching if you want an excuse to go to the movie theater.

Anyone watch that DND movie? I saw a poster for it. Haven't seen a trailer yet.
Ack

Post by Ack »

opa wrote:Anyone watch that DND movie? I saw a poster for it. Haven't seen a trailer yet.

Yeah, my wife and I saw it last week. I have played a fair bit of D&D and enjoyed it. My wife, who has never played D&D, also enjoyed it. It's a fun popcorn flick with good humor and endearing characters that also gets the feel of a ridiculous game, complete with main characters doing ridiculous things to get by. I think you would be entertained.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Just finished watching Coco, which I consider quite a marvelous film.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Just finished Scream 6, which only weeks after hitting theaters and months before its home media release got slapped onto Paramount Plus. Can't wait to see where they go with the next one.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Watched A Goofy Movie last night for the first time since I believe shortly after its VHS release. I strangely forgot how much the Powerline songs from this really slapped.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Saw The Night Orchid at a theater near me last weekend, it was part of an Old School Kung Fu movie series. It was released in 1983 and is loosely tied to a TV show that was supposedly popular in Asia at the time. I believe the movie starts off where the plot of the TV show ended. It's a bizarre and fast paced movie with good fight scenes and some entertaining special effects, which haven't all aged as well. For any fans of obscure or bizarre movies, I'd say give it a go!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Yeah. I imagine going to a local theater and seeing something other than the latest Hollywood special effects showpiece du jour would be easier in NYC than in most places.

If I lived in NYC I'd definitely try to go to the movies at least once a month. Unless I get a job at a theater.

Hey, do they still do that bloodmobile in Brooklyn that gives people who donate a free movie pass? I think I first heard of this back in '10/'11.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Yeah, there are a few independent theaters here with unique and interesting screenings. Also, there are a few film festivals that come up during the year where tickets are on sale to the general public, so that's always fun.

I attended the screening with a buddy of mine whose main hobby is watching and collecting movies. When it came to festivals, sometimes he would watch two or three movies back to back in a day. That's too much for me! But I appreciate the dedication to his hobby and I would try to tag along when my schedule allowed.

Although, I do miss attending midnight anime movie screenings. Those are a bit harder to come across, but hope I can make it out to one for an older anime film I haven't seen sometime soon.