What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Raging Justice »

Limewater wrote:
Raging Justice wrote:Next Woo film I want to see is Bullet in the Head

"A Better Tomorrow" has been on my "Saved" list on Netflix for at least a decade.
I'm pretty sure "Bullet in the Head" was on there for years and years until Netflix removed it because, I guess, they have absolutely no hope or expectation of ever getting another copy.

Interesting, I'll have to find another way to watch it...and I guess I'll try and find a way to watch A Better Tomorrow too
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Best Matrix Resurrections quote:

Neo - “I don’t know what’s going on.”

The movie assumes A LOT of familiarity with the second and third movie, I think, and it is very much a modern Wachowski movie. That is, it looks great and has a lot of ideas, but it doesn’t make a lot of sense, especially if you think critically about it even a little bit. Still, it’s good, dumb fun, and you’ll enjoy it if you ignore the movie’s request to use your brain.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Best Matrix Resurrections quote:

Neo - “I don’t know what’s going on.”

The movie assumes A LOT of familiarity with the second and third movie, I think, and it is very much a modern Wachowski movie. That is, it looks great and has a lot of ideas, but it doesn’t make a lot of sense, especially if you think critically about it even a little bit. Still, it’s good, dumb fun, and you’ll enjoy it if you ignore the movie’s request to use your brain.

I didn't expect it to be a good movie, but I was trying to be optimistic. As far as nostalgia movies with Keanu Reeves go, I thought Bill and Ted Face the Music was great.

Frankly though, his career seems to revolve around John Wick right now, maybe his best role ever
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Not saying this as an insult but you definitely seem really heavy on 80s nostalgia :P I guess in a retro gaming forum it makes sense.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Well, '80s nostalgia IS at its height.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

I was born in 1991, but was never a fan of nostalgia tbh as it causes people to overlook glaring flaws. I'll try to not get into the psychology of it either. I found that a lot of horror and action films from the 80s to have a very fine line when it comes to the cheese factor, and most of the time it fails. Death Spa was a huge surprise for great 80s cheese though, and I gotta give kudos for Miami Connection for being so awful in that to the point that it gave PSA energy.

I hated it, but if you wanna see a 80s film making fun of 80s films, there is TerrorVision.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I actually have TerrorVision on Blu-ray, by virtue of Shout Factory bundling it with The Video Dead, which is a pretty good zombie flick with an interesting take on the living dead.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Of these, Christmas in Royal Fashion is easily the worst. Just laughably, MST3K-level bad.

Just saw it and I highly recommend it. What a masterpiece.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

PretentiousHipster wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:Of these, Christmas in Royal Fashion is easily the worst. Just laughably, MST3K-level bad.

Just saw it and I highly recommend it. What a masterpiece.

AWESOME. I’m glad you liked it! The scene where the prince lights a Christmas tree was just amazing. He literally just throws a light switch in a random room with random people to turn on the lights on a tree.

My wife and I have made “horrible Christmas movies” a tradition, and it’s led to some unbelievable discoveries. If you’re ever in the mood for something similar, I really can’t recommend “A Christmas Princess” highly enough. It’s horrible; so, of course, it’s perpetually available on Prime video.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

There's a youtube series called Netflix Made by Bots. I can totally see A Christmas in Royal Fashion being included there. It legit looks like it was made by a computer, even with the incredibly unnatural dialogue. I love how it used glitter as a screen transition, and the flashback scene was just an amazing sight to behold.

I'll definitely look up the other one. Nothing is more strange than watching bad Christmas movies in January.