The late, great Gunstar Green

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: The late, great Gunstar Green

Post by o.pwuaioc »

I never talked to him (or anyone) on Slack, you all must know him much better than I, but his presence here was always welcome. I actually was wondering what had happened to him, as I didn't see post as much anymore.

To think he was only 36. Just damn.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

It's really awful to hear this news. Gunstar Green was always someone with something interesting or insightful to share, and a level-headed and personable voice on the forums and in Slack. Popo put it perfectly in his post.

Aaron will be dearly missed.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Very sad to hear this. I don't believe I ever had any one-on-one interactions with him, but he was definitely a big part of this forum and I have read many of his posts over the years. My condolences to his friends and family.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Also sad to hear the news about Gunstar, but it was nice to read the various tributes and memories. I will miss our conversations about games (especially Genesis games), football, and his sense of humor.

Rest in peace, friend.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I haven't been too active lately, and I never really directly talked to him (nor have I ever been in any Slack channel) but he was certainly one of the pillars of the community and his presence will be missed.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Sad news indeed. Thank you for making the community aware of his passing.
My condolences to the family.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I know of him very little as I joined this website past its prime, but considering the contributions by the other members I can tell that this is hitting everyone quite hard. He seems like he was a great user for this site, and I wish I knew of him more before this. Hopefully his family will be ok.
Lessel

Post by Lessel »

Hi. I'm Gunstar / Aaron's partner. Thank you all, for your kind words. It brought me some comfort to see others knew Aaron and will miss him.

Aaron was a wonderful person -- creative, brilliant, and compassionate. He loved to learn, both information and skills. He had such enthusiasm and determination that he seemed to pick up new things quickly, because he put in so much effort. He took joy with me in all the small details of our lives, and it's still hard to accept he's not coming back to help me make tacos, or tell our hamster how cute she is, or take a walk by the river hoping to spot some wildlife, or tell me everything about the new subject he's researching. I miss his perspective and his love. I miss being able to give him my love, as well; I don't exaggerate when I say he made me a better person, by being someone I could trust and adore with all of my being.

He was my constant companion for so long, it's probably natural that I struggle to cope with the loss. I wanted us to grow old together. I will always feel horrible that he's not with me. Aaron died with many things he wanted to do still not done. I cannot give him the experiences he should have had, but I will carry on with some of our projects, with the hope of one day sharing them, so that his creative voice may be heard again.

Despite being a person that anyone could get along with, and a person who loved nature, Aaron was often stuck indoors dealing with chronic illness. Offline, his social circle was limited because he could not make plans. He didn't know if he'd wake up feeling sick or not. Online, however, it seemed he found his tribe, with this community. He spoke of you often. Always good things. Thank you all for being his friends, or for simply being part of the community that brought him happiness. I am so grateful that you were here for him.

If anyone wants to talk to me about Aaron, you may message me for my contact information, or ask marurun for my Discord.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Hi Lessel, we are all so sorry for your loss. I just want to say thank you for sharing your experiences and time spent with Aaron. As someone that mostly chatted with him about our shared hobby, it's nice to hear about what he was like offline and his other interests.

Please feel free to come by to share anything that comes to mind or any of the collaborative projects you mentioned when the time is ready. Take care.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

Sad news. He always seemed like a glass half full kind of guy. I'm sorry for your loss, Lessel. I don't recall having many interactions with Gunstar, but he was definitely a mainstay here on the forums.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525