I don't understand
6%

Total votes : 18
opa
128-bit

Heineken vs Pabst Blue Ribbon / What are you drinking 2.0

by opa Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:29 pm

Who will reign victorious?
Last edited by opa on Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziggy587

Re: Heineken vs Pabst Blue Ribbon

by Ziggy587 Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:27 pm

Well which one are you currently enjoying? :lol:

Is there some kind of trending thing that makes this a joke? Because then I'd have to vote that I don't understand.

I've actually never had Pabst Blue Ribbon. If stores around here stock it, then the blinders I where when I go beer shopping have kept me from seeing it.

I'm not a huge fan of Heineken, although I use to drink a lot of Heineken Light years ago. Haven't had it in a long time though.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:39 pm

My favorite really cheap beer is Genesee Cream Ale. I'd choose it over PBR or Heineken any day.

Unfortunately, it's not widely available where I now live.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:54 pm

I'm thinking this is referencing the famous line from Blue Velvet? Lol, fun thread.

I've had both Heineken and Pabst Blue Ribbon ... PBR was more of a college beer for me, as where I went to school in CT, you could get a 30 pack for around $14, IIRC. And it was a bit better than the other cheap options. Later on, when I lived in lower Manhattan, PBR was a staple cheap beer at many bars.

However, Heineken is something my father and uncles used to drink (some still do) and my family would usually have some on hand in the cooler for holiday get togethers. Also, when I traveled to Amsterdam back in 2007, I had a chance to go to the Heineken brewery, which was a really cool experience. I still pick up Heinekens from time to time as well.

Overall, I like the taste of Heineken better, so I'm going with Heineken!
opa
128-bit

by opa Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:12 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Well which one are you currently enjoying? :lol:

No lie, it was PBR. LOL
I prefer Heineken... or an IPA.
Is there some kind of trending thing that makes this a joke? Because then I'd have to vote that I don't understand.

You'll understand in 9 seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:19 pm

opa wrote:You'll understand in 9 seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4

OK, I'm on board!
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:08 pm

I've been rewatching quite a bit of Lynch's stuff recently but never got around to rewatching Blue Velvet. I should change that soon.

Oh and I never had PBR. Hilariously enough because that was considered the hipster beer.
opa
128-bit

by opa Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:41 am

If y'all ever see Steel Reserve avoid that crap. It tastes like you're munching on nails.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:16 am

If we're debating cheap beer, as a texan my vote goes to Lone Star. For the longest time my favorite bar had $2 lone star on draft. I'm skinny as hell so I could get drunk on like 6-8$.

Otherwise PBR>Heineken. I went to DC for vacation with a friend in High School, and one morning I asked his dad if we were going to get any breakfast. He cracked open a PBR and handed it me and said "if you're still hungry after that drink another one". I've had a soft spot for it ever since.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
opa
128-bit

by opa Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:15 pm

PBR is pretty filling.

Limewater wrote:My favorite really cheap beer is Genesee Cream Ale. I'd choose it over PBR or Heineken any day.

Unfortunately, it's not widely available where I now live.

Apparently this is at a gas station down the way from me. May check it out some time next week.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever