Halloween

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: Halloween

Post by marurun »

We live in a decent trick-or-treating neighborhood so we don’t have to do any venue shopping. But we also have to deliver. We make it a point to have candy and non-candy options and by the end of the night we were out of both, except for 3 plastic spiders.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Ah damn, for some reason Anapan's Kirby image isn't loading up for me. I'd like to see it! Also, awesome costume Space Booger!

I just relaxed at my partner's place and we binge watched horror movies. We had some candy on-hand, but she lives in an apartment building, and we didn't receive any trick or treaters.

Overall, it was pretty quiet in her area. Hope everyone enjoyed it!
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

marurun wrote:We live in a decent trick-or-treating neighborhood so we don’t have to do any venue shopping. But we also have to deliver. We make it a point to have candy and non-candy options and by the end of the night we were out of both, except for 3 plastic spiders.

You had me worried with the "non-candy options" until the end when it became clear you meant toys, not fruit.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marurun

Post by marurun »

MrPopo wrote:
marurun wrote:We live in a decent trick-or-treating neighborhood so we don’t have to do any venue shopping. But we also have to deliver. We make it a point to have candy and non-candy options and by the end of the night we were out of both, except for 3 plastic spiders.

You had me worried with the "non-candy options" until the end when it became clear you meant toys, not fruit.

Oh hell no. That's shady as fuck. No, stuff like glow sticks, bouncy balls, that sort of thing. A couple years ago we had some cute decorative pens in the mix.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I spent Halloween tearing down a stage and keeping track of the score in the World Series. My wife gave me a pice of chocolate that morning, just so I'd be sure to get some kind of candy. It wasn't exactly a great holiday this year.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Just stayed in with some apple cider and pumpkin roll. Caught up on episodes of The Owl House and played some of the card game Desolate.

Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Oh wow, that card game looks interesting, Gunstar. I'm going to read up on it.

Is that setup in your photo for multiple people or can it be a solo game as well?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Note wrote:Oh wow, that card game looks interesting, Gunstar. I'm going to read up on it.

Is that setup in your photo for multiple people or can it be a solo game as well?

It's a solo game but there is an expansion called Insurgence which I don't have that turns it into a game for 1-4 players.

They also made a dungeon crawler that uses similar but more complex mechanics called Iron Helm (and a mini version of it in a mint tin called Tin Helm that will be released next month).

Grey Gnome Games publishes their stuff as print on demand through Game Crafter so it's always available though a little pricey (There are much cheaper print and play versions at PNP Arcade if that's more your thing). I really like their solo stuff, their mini tower defense game Gate is also really cool.

If you do pick up Desolate I highly recommend the two Dark Matters expansion packs. They're small tweaks but they make the game feel way more complete.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Note wrote:Ah damn, for some reason Anapan's Kirby image isn't loading up for me. I'd like to see it! Also, awesome costume Space Booger!

Fixed my webserver finally. Post edited with working picture.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Anapan wrote:Fixed my webserver finally. Post edited with working picture.

That looks awesome, Anapan! Nice job on the jack-o-lantern.