Fashion Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gucci
64-bit

Re: Fashion Thread

Post by Gucci »

There’s a massive lime at the flagship store so I didn’t take a pic. I’m assuming there’s a drop today?
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

It was a success! That cardigan is real nice. Super heavy too!
marurun

Post by marurun »

For what it lists for on the website it had better be real nice.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

marurun wrote:For what it lists for on the website it had better be real nice.

Yeah I feel it definitely was. Considering it was final sale, there was no way I’d roll the dice by ordering it online. It was better to go to the store and seeing in person. It’s 100% cotton so that’s good. The knit pattern is pretty tight and hand washing it would make it last longer. Time will tell about the color fading.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Nice! Glad you were able to grab the item you were interested in. That'll be a good piece for the fall and winter.

Wonder what might've been dropping at Bape today, I don't follow the brand close, so I have no idea. Maybe Megas knows?

Get a chance to check out any other stores while shopping downtown?
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Note wrote:Nice! Glad you were able to grab the item you were interested in. That'll be a good piece for the fall and winter.

Wonder what might've been dropping at Bape today, I don't follow the brand close, so I have no idea. Maybe Megas knows?

Get a chance to check out any other stores while shopping downtown?

That was pretty much it. Did the return and APC after my Kith visit. I was going to head uptown to Dover Street Market but I didn’t feel like going to find a spot.

One place I did go was the Asian Market at Industry City in Brooklyn. I’ve been there before but I walked around the area a bit more. They did a great job with the area as a whole. Lots of shops for food and other little things.

opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Okay, I have to ask. What is a "Bape"? Is this a brand or a particular type of garment?

I'm not caught up on fashion or what's the "hip styles". Someone could walk by me in high-fashion/designer clothing and I wouldn't even notice. lol
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Bape is a japanese clothing brand. It's a little bit below designer level, but is a bit more expensive than your average brand. I like the old designs from before the original creator, Nigo, sold the company in the early 2010s.

Bape typically drops on Saturdays, and they drop stuff pretty consistently through the year. Honestly not really sure what this week's release is but I think a nice pair of bapestas might have dropped? They've recently been really stepping up their designs, and bringing back older pieces. They just has a big Psyche camo drop not too long ago (my favorite besides pink camo) which was the first in a really long time afaik. (first psyche camo release in a while, I mean). Honestly I kind of expect Supreme to keep falling off and there to be a resurgence in Bape within the next few years.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

On top of what Samurai said in a gaming context: they do, or at least did, a number of collaborations with Nintendo back in the DS days.

Also their most well known thing is that shark face, typically seen in a camo patterned hoodie with the zipper that goes all the up — like all the way into the hood part.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

http://www.racketboy.com/journal/retrog ... quick-look
I actually wrote about this for this site ;)
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread