Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: Fashion Thread

by REPO Man Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:55 pm

Limewater wrote:
Gucci wrote:Edit: do I recommend a heated jacket (I assume you mean an insulated jacket)? Yes. See brands above.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to jackets that include built-in resistive heating elements and an interior pocket for a battery pack.

E.G.
https://www.amazon.com/Jackets-Fashion- ... B0BC2CRHLF

I am.

Also, this is the Dream Warriors shirt I ordered. And apparently on its route it went from Raleigh to Ocracoke. Usually it'll go through Manteo to get to my post office.
marurun

by marurun Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:20 pm

Why the fuck would anyone actually buy a heated jacket? Like, what does it actually do that a properly designed and manufactured coat doesn't? Do people WANT to be walking fire risks?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:32 pm

Had no idea actual heated jackets existed.

Yeah no. Don’t buy those. Layering is the better option. Synthetic or down (in general — not make a case for or against the latter) is another option.

Still stand by Columbia. REPO: given your… “propensity” to save, you can’t do better with a jacket from them. Sales are key regardless of brand.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:50 pm

Gucci wrote:Outerwear is kind of a big deal where I’m from. During the winter, Manhattan is notorious for those cross winds when walking across the island. I’m in the outer boroughs near the ocean. Shit is cold! When you need to meet both warmth requirements, and fashion (it’s NYC), outerwear can climb in price rather quickly. That’s why I’m a big fan of peacoats.

I assume it's not as different from Canada temp wise too. One year I went with fashion over comfort... Never again lol
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:02 pm

Nah Canada is worse with temps lol. I mentioned peacoats before. You get a nice heavy one with at least 75% wool, with enough space for a hoodie or sweater, and your covered for any cold temp up to tundra.

Schott NYC makes a longer knee length officer peacoat with the WWI style cordaroy lined chest pockets and lower flap pockets. Exquisite! Basically, a tank of a coat.
marurun

by marurun Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:08 pm

Columbia stuff often goes on rather nice clearance during the off-season. I have a fantastic Columbia winter coat I picked up off-season for under $40 at Kohls and it's lovely and warm pretty well below zero. Doesn't do much for my hands and ears and face, but neither would a heated jacket. And quite frankly, if your T shirts all come from Wal-Mart, high fashion is the least of your worries.

(Not saying you can't look nice in clothes from Wal-Mart, to be clear. Some of their fare is perfectly serviceable. Haute couture, however, it is not and never will be.)
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:58 pm

I'd never even consider a heated one like that, that's honestly pretty weird to me. I inherited a vintage leather planet Hollywood jacket like below and I wear it constantly.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266166299065?h ... SwroBkCu8v (I'll allow one of you on here to steal my swag on this, just this once.)

It's super heavy and I just put on a long sleeve and hoodie underneath and I can withstand damn near any weather.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:34 pm

I’ve tried in the past but I can never do leather jackets. Always felt too… restrictive or overwhelming if that makes sense. And I never liked the way I looked. I will admit that the old school motorcycle jackets do look badass.

I finally felt comfortable wearing denim jackets. It was the same with the leather: just didn’t like the way I looked in them. Granted, the two that I got are not a typical denim jacket. One is from Levi’s that I got for $48 at the outlet that has a denim body with hoodie sleeves and hood. The other is from Undercoverism that is a hoodie as the first layer, with denim on top and sleeves and hoodie in the back.

First is Levi’s with the last three being undercoverism.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:00 am

Things like 10lb so I can get why you might not like them. I feel super safe wherever I go in the jacket though - I'm basically wearing armor!
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
marurun

by marurun Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:51 am

SamuraiMegas wrote:Things like 10lb so I can get why you might not like them. I feel super safe wherever I go in the jacket though - I'm basically wearing armor!

It won't protect you from an arrow to the knee, however.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever