Fashion Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: Fashion Thread

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I posted this on the "What Did You Make" thread at first but figured it was a better fit here.

I'm doing a bootleg of this shirt: https://imgur.com/a/2GgJauN
It's a local
We're swapping "Truevines" with "Tombstone's", and we might add some rings or hand tats to the prayer hands.
I was originally planning on only doing enough for Christmas presents this year, but I might do a small print run of them if anyone would actually buy them. They'll be printed on vintage blanks from ~95-01 and would probably be 30-40 bucks.

The shirts are for my hip hop crew, we're working on an album combining live jazz, turntablism, sampling and rapping. We don't have anything out yet but I was thinking selling shirts could be a good way to get some of the DJ gear I'm after.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Got my Christmas season outfit ordered. I should get it all my next Friday.

20221130_203657.png
20221130_203657.png (63.34 KiB) Viewed 2827 times

20221130_203727.png
20221130_203727.png (42.04 KiB) Viewed 2827 times

Not pictured is the white shirt I'm wearing underneath the sweater or black slacks I'm going to be wearing. Would a Fourth Doctor scarf be too much and/or clash?

marurun

Post by marurun »

The colors and patterns clash horribly. That’s less festive and more headache.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

So just lose the scarf? TBH, it looks it pairs more with browns and yellows.

But the sweater and bow tie are fine, right?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

They're fine, wear them with a button up and a pair of dark blue jeans. The scarf would work with a peacoat or brown leather jacket maybe
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

I don't think the bowtie and the sweater clash, but a green bowtie without a pattern might be better given that the sweater's patterned. Generally you don't want to mix complex or graphic patterns too much, or at least very carefully.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I feel like for Christmas you can get away with more patterns due to the "festiveness". The scarf doesn't work with the sweater and bowtie, but it's not really Christmas themed either, so not much point matching it. But for celebrating the holiday, you're fine with the other two.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

What are you doing for pants?!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I've got a few pairs of black slacks I usually wear to work.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I posted this on the "What Did You Make" thread at first but figured it was a better fit here.

I'm doing a bootleg of this shirt: https://imgur.com/a/2GgJauN
It's a local
We're swapping "Truevines" with "Tombstone's", and we might add some rings or hand tats to the prayer hands.
I was originally planning on only doing enough for Christmas presents this year, but I might do a small print run of them if anyone would actually buy them. They'll be printed on vintage blanks from ~95-01 and would probably be 30-40 bucks.

The shirts are for my hip hop crew, we're working on an album combining live jazz, turntablism, sampling and rapping. We don't have anything out yet but I was thinking selling shirts could be a good way to get some of the DJ gear I'm after.

In regards to printing and selling tees, which is something I did for a bit and helped my friend do for his record label -- one way to approach it, so you don't get stuck with extra inventory, is to put up a pre-order page for the tees using a picture of a sample from the printer you're using. Once the site is up, promote it a bit, and only print the exact number of tees in the sizes that are ordered through the pre-order page.

That way, you don't have to worry about off loading extra t-shirts or spending money on tees that you may potentially get stuck with. Just a thought!