2021 New Years Resolutions

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

2021 New Years Resolutions

Post by REPO Man »

Mine is mostly a continuation of unresolved past resolutions and new resolutions. Pretty much small things that ultimately make up a big picture.

* Read more
* Actually do some writing
* Hopefully take a trip out of town
* Build a bookshelf. My current one has run out of room and can't be flush with the wall due the molding all g the bottom of the wall. I also have to take into account my needs, the footprint, and the wall outlet.
* Build an arcade cabinet, probably using my PlayStation Classic as the computer. Really wanna make a four player cabinet, preferably with a rotating monitor for vertical-oriented games.
* Host a Sunday brunch. It's combine my love for cooking and my desires to be more social and to show my capability of hosting a social event.
* Host a movie night. Like above, but incorporate my love for cinema and my desire to share my interests with my family and friends (when I get some) and leave my love for cooking as a possibility.
* Host a game night, which would hopefully give me a chance to share my favorite board games with my family and friends and give me people to play them with in the future.
* Try wearing bowties.
* Cook more.
* Hopefully move to NYC.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Re: 2021 New Years Resolutions

Post by Golgo 14 »

I'm keeping it simple this year, and just resolving to kill the Batman.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Golgo 14 wrote:I'm keeping it simple this year, and just resolving to kill the Batman.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This should help...

Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I'm planning to upgrade to 4K resolution. Maybe with HDR.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Anapan wrote:I'm planning to upgrade to 4K resolution. Maybe with HDR.

Same. After my old TV died I replaced it with a TV I scored for free on Facebook. It's basically an antique and is prone to images remaining on screen for a while, particularly if the image doesn't change.
Ack

Post by Ack »

REPO Man wrote:
Anapan wrote:I'm planning to upgrade to 4K resolution. Maybe with HDR.

Same. After my old TV died I replaced it with a TV I scored for free on Facebook. It's basically an antique and is prone to images remaining on screen for a while, particularly if the image doesn't change.

Or you could save that money for New York.

Just saying...
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I can take the TV to New York. Not on the bus, obviously. But I can have it FedEx'd to my place. Or since I plan on having my family come visit me, and since it's be easier for them to drive there, they could use the trip as a reason to also bring my stuff to my new place.

I mean, I'm gonna need a TV when I get there and my current TV is more than likely on its last leg. Plus between two jobs in the spring and summer, I could more than afford it.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

So many games I want to start, but I'm so busy with life, I'm always afraid to start. Usually that's ps1 and above. So usually I just stick with easy pick up and play games I've played a thousand times. So I hope to change that.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Don't like setting too much because it sets me up for disappointment, but only thing I could think of reaching 1000 subscribers on my hobby YouTube channel, and reading a lot more political theory/philosophy.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I've been doing a bit more reading, though it's mostly graphic novels and a Pike novel or two.

And while not a bookshelf, I did build a media shelf for my Blu-rays. But it wasn't from scratch, since everything was precut and all I needed to provide was a screwdriver and hammer.

Plans for an Easter brunch fell through, but I'm thinking of doing brunch some other time. This'll give me more time to figure out how to do a make-your-own breakfast sandwich station and good ideas for non-alcoholic drinks.

So… that's how I'm doing with my resolutions.