Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Coronavirus pandemic - how are you affected?

by PretentiousHipster Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:56 pm

Covid tests at work are every Monday and Thursday. Of course, I am worried for more reasons than that, I just have a neck tattoo appointment starting on Friday, and I have that gut feeling that an outbreak will be declared at Thursday, because obviously. The seniors in the home do have 4 doses now, so I wonder how effective that will be.
corn619
Next-Gen

by corn619 Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:52 am

Tested positive in March. It sucked hard. My sense of smell still hasn’t really returned yet. Even then what I can smell smells completely different than before I had Covid.

However on the positive side, I have had much more time to focus on my home renovations. Bought a really cool looking old house that looks like a church in 2018. It has since consumed most of my time. No one lived in it for five years and it hasn’t been updated since 1974 lol. She’s coming along nicely now though since Covid has destroyed the world.

I hope to be able to have more time for gaming again soon. Already hunting for another Saturn again lol.
opa
128-bit

by opa Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:07 pm

Went and got tested today. Been sick since the weekend. Had to go to the health department for a test since you're SOL trying to find a self test in-store. I hope I don't have covid again but it feels like it.

corn619 wrote:Tested positive in March. It sucked hard. My sense of smell still hasn’t really returned yet. Even then what I can smell smells completely different than before I had Covid.

My dad had covid over a year ago and he says all he really smells anymore is some mix of copper and fuel smell. My taste and smell returned eventually. Drinking coffee was a pain though. Just felt like a hot acid taste for a long time.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:21 pm

A recent study attributed many long covid symptoms to microclots. People treated with antiplatlet and anticoagulants say they felt better after 1 to 2 months.

More research is needed of course, but it sounds like they may be on the right track to an effective treatment for long covid symptoms.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:17 pm

is the pandemic over? i no longer see people caring about wearing masks and gov. are allowing mass gatherings and pcr tests dropped.

No one is using on covid status but no one has officially started that the covid is over
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:24 pm

RCBH928 wrote:is the pandemic over? i no longer see people caring about wearing masks and gov. are allowing mass gatherings and pcr tests dropped.

No one is using on covid status but no one has officially started that the covid is over

Covid is over. Officially. There. I said it. In my official capacity, no less.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:12 am

RCBH928 wrote:is the pandemic over? i no longer see people caring about wearing masks and gov. are allowing mass gatherings and pcr tests dropped.

Yeah, Ukraine is the new media obsession. No one cares about covid anymore. Putin effectively ended the pandemic.

My friend's job no longer requires anyone to wear masks or be vaccinated. Plus, a lot of states and countries are abandoning mask mandates and vaccination passports. I was at a state fair recently, no one had a mask on

Doesn't help that pfizer was forced to released documents indicating like 8 pages of vaccine side effects that they didn't feel the need to tell anyone about until now. Seeing companies lift the vaccination requirements while all this info is being released about vaccine side effects and deaths makes me that much happier that I never got the vaccine and I'm still just as healthy now as I was when this whole pandemic started
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:56 am

1000+ people in the U.S. still die every day from this thing, but at this point it's because they were terrified of widely-available medicine, or if they were vaccinated, because they were old or fat, in which case their lives obviously had no meaning.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:48 am

Raging Justice wrote:Doesn't help that pfizer was forced to released documents indicating like 8 pages of vaccine side effects that they didn't feel the need to tell anyone about until now. Seeing companies lift the vaccination requirements while all this info is being released about vaccine side effects and deaths makes me that much happier that I never got the vaccine and I'm still just as healthy now as I was when this whole pandemic started

I was very skeptical of the mRNA vaccines, it was firstly used ever this time around. I am not sure how it works. But people who took it are just fine and all the doctors world wide said its safe and we should take it, they even took it themselves so I decided to trust those who know more than I do... Just like when I visit a doctor when I am ill.

Golgo 14 wrote:1000+ people in the U.S. still die every day from this thing, but at this point it's because they were terrified of widely-available medicine, or if they were vaccinated, because they were old or fat, in which case their lives obviously had no meaning.

thats a very small number compared to the population, they might as well have died of natural deaths. I think I heard the seasonal flu kills people every year.

It doesn't help if you are already old with health isssues, refuse to take vaccine, and ignore social distancing and hand sterilising instructions. I mean some people still think that COVID19 is just a conspiracy to sell drugs and the illness does not even exist.
marurun

by marurun Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:06 am

Raging Justice wrote:Doesn't help that pfizer was forced to released documents indicating like 8 pages of vaccine side effects that they didn't feel the need to tell anyone about until now. Seeing companies lift the vaccination requirements while all this info is being released about vaccine side effects and deaths makes me that much happier that I never got the vaccine and I'm still just as healthy now as I was when this whole pandemic started

I'm no fan of those documents being kept from the public, but the actual content of those documents is a big nothing burger. They were withheld so long because it was known they would be misconstrued. Basically, any adverse medical events have to be reported during vaccine trials, even if they end up having nothing to do with the vaccine. Are you in a vaccine trial and you have a heart attack? That gets reported, even if it really had nothing to do with the vaccine.

https://factcheck.afp.com/http%253A%252 ... 252F9UC4LE
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever