Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Post by SamuraiMegas »

stickem wrote:Taking my wife to see Pouya, Fat Nick, and Ramirez tuesday. We'll prolly be the oldest people there at 49 and 45 but i"m stoked. She'll be shocked though lol. Shes more a country/ matchbox 20 girl lol.

G59 and Racketboy wasn't the crossover I was expecting today.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

stickem wrote:I haven't seen many rap shows at all tbh. Last one i seen was Cypress hill, fuggies, Nas, busta rhymes tour years ago. Mostly been to rock, top 20, metal concerts over the years. Would love to see Griselda.

I had a chance to see Griselda twice, once in the summer of 2017, which was their first performance in NYC and again in the summer of 2019. Both shows were great. Conway, WSG, and Benny all put on a really good live performance, and they had good openers and guests come out.

Looking back on it, the 2017 show was pretty amazing, as Mach Hommy, Roc Marciano, Meyhem Lauren, Raekwon, and Prodigy all came out to perform a verse or two. Prodigy passed away like two weeks after that, so I'm glad I was able to see him again, even briefly, before his passing.

SamuraiMegas wrote:G59 and Racketboy wasn't the crossover I was expecting today.

Love that there's a rap thread on here! Somehow I totally missed it. Lol.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

I'm probably late on this, but I've been listening to that Larry June and The Alchemist album, The Great Escape. Has a great laidback summer vibe! Anyone else give it a listen?
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Pouya show was lit. Cool venue, brooklyn bowl, chain i guess. Has a restaurant, bowling alley, a few bar areas and the music venue which didnt have a bad view in the house. As expected we were probably the oldest there not chaperoning lol. Also didnt expect mosh pits every other song, standing room only. Hell to the no, i aint being slammed into by emo/skater kids 25 years younger than me lol. So we moved back after awhile. But it was a great show and my wife actually enjoyed it.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I bet it smelled like BO and disposable vapes in there.

My BST Thread
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I bet it smelled like BO and disposable vapes in there.

Naw, new place, some vaping, some weed, but not as much as you'd think. My chicken ass left my blunts in the car lol
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Does anyone here produce music or play an instrument and would like to work/jam together? I have a hip hop project that I am making.
https://on.soundcloud.com/k43Ag

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

I don't produce music or play an instrument, but I checked out the Special Broadcast Bulletin draft you posted on SoundCloud, and it's dope!

Looking forward to checking out more of your stuff!
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Note wrote:I don't produce music or play an instrument, but I checked out the Special Broadcast Bulletin draft you posted on SoundCloud, and it's dope!

Is there a link for that? I've never messed with it because I'm old and just got a basic idea of what soundcloud is lol. Asked my 17 yr old daughter "it's like Spotify but worse". OK, thanks for no help! I thought it was indy stuff or whatever
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

stickem wrote:
Note wrote:I don't produce music or play an instrument, but I checked out the Special Broadcast Bulletin draft you posted on SoundCloud, and it's dope!

Is there a link for that? I've never messed with it because I'm old and just got a basic idea of what soundcloud is lol. Asked my 17 yr old daughter "it's like Spotify but worse". OK, thanks for no help! I thought it was indy stuff or whatever

Yeah, it's that link I posted, here it is again (but slightly different) -
Listen to Special Broadcast Bulletin Mike by Tomb$tone on #SoundCloud
https://on.soundcloud.com/AnxEm

Same thing but I shuffled the songs around - everything after the song with the Earl Sweatshirt verse is probably not making it on there.

My BST Thread