OK, here we go...

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Re: OK, here we go...

Post by gtmtnbiker »

One can definitely be better at social skills. Yes, there are some people who will never be completely comfortable enough like someone running for President.

I have two daughters and my oldest one does not have good social skills. The youngest one is a complete natural. But I have seen the oldest one make improvements over the years but she still has work to do. Stuff like:

- making eye contact with the person you're speaking to
- not making weird movements like playing with her fingers or rocking from foot to foot
- getting right to the point in a conversation
- talking slower
- picking up visual cues that indicates the person is not interested, etc.

So as a parent, I'm trying to help her do better socially but kids don't always listen to parents.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

the King wrote:Age: 69
Number of past girl friends: 69
Are you a virgin: ask your mom
What do you wear on a typical day: smokers jacket
Live with parents: mom, where's the meatloaf?
Have a job: early morning stoned pimp
What do you think it takes to get a girl: money
what are you looking for: a copy of general chaos for the sega genesis

Seriously though, be yourself. Just act in a cool calm demeanor with friendly respect and find some nice similarities between each other. You'll get yourself someone soon, just keep a level head about yourself and don't shy away from really making the best of it.

After all, even if you end up in the friend zone, female friends have other female friends and if everyone she knows is informed that you're a nice and caring guy and all the things you like/do in your daily life you stand a much higher change of meeting someone that truly likes you for you through the natural course of things.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

@nightrnr

You're probably not doing as bad as you think. Living with parents isn't that uncommon, especially in today's economy. I had a doctor girlfriend (who lived in her own house) the entire time I lived with my folks, up until I was 27. Moved in with her and got engaged a couple of months later (married now). She never cared about the fact that I lived with the 'rents, women who judge and demean people for shit like that aren't worth having around.

And how much do you run anyway? There's tons of babes at the local 5k races haha. :lol:
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:@nightrnr

You're probably not doing as bad as you think. Living with parents isn't that uncommon, especially in today's economy. I had a doctor girlfriend (who lived in her own house) the entire time I lived with my folks, up until I was 27. Moved in with her and got engaged a couple of months later (married now). She never cared about the fact that I lived with the 'rents, women who judge and demean people for shit like that aren't worth having around.

And how much do you run anyway? There's tons of babes at the local 5k races haha. :lol:

But is your wife a moe blob?
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Not_a_sockpuppet
8-bit

Post by Not_a_sockpuppet »

Bikeage wrote:Keep spending time giving a damn what women think and moping over your feelings, any eligible females will be repelled by your self pity, giving us less competition in obtaining the ever elusive piece of ass. Thanks chump.
Signed- every other guy your age in your community.

MOMOMOMONSTER KILL.

Really, Bikeage is right. How do you expect women to be attracted to you if you don't even attract yourself? Work on you first and care about women later.

Also, if you really thinkthat 4 or 5 girls should net you results you must be dreaming. :lol:
The Last Horseman
128-bit

Post by The Last Horseman »

Dude, don't just give up though. I've never given up. Just remember to be careful, and for the love of God, if she has a boyfriend don't get to into it. That happened to me recently. This close to getting hit in the face with a chain.... :lol: But really, we both need to just work on social skills.
Systems: Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, N64, Gamecube, Xbox 360

WTB: Boxes for a silver Gamecube System(and a hyperport cover), and a box for an Ice Blue N64 console. Will pay 7.50 for each and shipping.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

ZenErik wrote:

I don't even know what that is, but I'm gonna guess........... no. :lol:
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

moe blob = Moe Syzlak?
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
ZenErik wrote:

I don't even know what that is, but I'm gonna guess........... no. :lol:

Like a character from Hyperdimension Neptunia, basically. :D
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Hahah I don't think any real life woman looks like those girls.