Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by RCBH928 »

marurun wrote:That could be a fun topic for a site article: games that were groundbreaking at the time but really show their age now. Very different angle than the whole “old games that still hold up” that’s more prevalent.

I think it was groundbreaking visually or bringing in new form of play, but was it really any fun? i recall the slow movement made me extremely annoyed.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Ziggy587 wrote:What took minutes or even hours now takes seconds. It's kinda nuts. Back when I was regularly making labels for repro carts and custom covers, I would painstakingly remove text and stuff form images. Now you just select something with the lasso tool, and type "remove text" or whatever and click a button and it's done for you.

Ai is extremely impressive, i still can't wrap my head around that all computers do are electric switches turning on and off
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

RCBH928 wrote:Ai is extremely impressive,

I mean, sure, this kind of tech is nothing new. There's been apps that have done AI image generation for a while now. That's why it's no surprise that Photoshop has integrated it. On one hand it's really awesome that some things that use to be tedious to do in Photoshop can now be done with great results in a few mouse clicks (with maybe some touch ups afterward). But I can't help but feel like someone somewhere is cursing this AI tech. What use to take school or at least many hours to be proficient, some unskilled worker can now do in a fraction of the time.

RCBH928 wrote:i still can't wrap my head around that all computers do are electric switches turning on and off

https://www.buthowdoitknow.com/
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

TEST! :D
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I'm just over here building a spreadsheet of obscure forum content that gets traffic years after it's last been updated :)
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

If it helps with the database size, I would say nuke this thread and we can start a new one.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

If I can't get it down low enough in the near term, I'll consider that.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Whoooooo! Forum is back up! :D
Ack

Post by Ack »

It definitely appears to be.