Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
opa
128-bit

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by opa »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Substitute teaching is fun and chill. I vastly prefer knowing my job in advance vs. getting a 6 AM text message though. Had a cute group of kindergarteners on Thursday and then had Friday off!

However, working in the school has demonstrated to me that it's not a good fit for my kids at all. They need either homeschooling (again) or private school. My wife is actually considering moving so they can attending a specific Catholic school; easier said than done of course.

My wife did sub teaching for a bit there. Getting the 5 or 6 a.m. message seemed to be the norm.

I don't blame you for looking for better alternatives. The public education system has really gone downhill. Heck, I'm leaving it as quick as I can. Tired of all the b.s., no respect, and crap pay (amongst other issues).
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Go to Itunes store to watch tv series -> Not available
Go to NBC Peacock to register -> Geo-Restricted
Go to shady website -> Instant stream in HQ picture with better UX than official apps for free
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Subreddits are going to be blacking out in protest against the shut down of 3rd party apps tomorrow, I think that we might end up with new users if the situation doesn't improve over there.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

I’m OK with that as long as they follow the rules and aren’t jerks.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Is this something only me and my friends in high school ever did?
In summer at night, lay on the grass with the brightest flashlight available pointing up between your heads.
Bugs will gather, and shortly after bats will dive-bomb and eat the bugs, and the bats will be well illuminated.
Kinda like that airport scene in Wayne's World, but with bats a couple of feet from your face and only wing noises.
Everyone I mention it to is horrified at the prospect. Haven't done it in years because everyone says "RABIES!".
Bats are cool.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ack

Post by Ack »

I never did that, but I did enjoy seeing the bats in my neighborhood when I was a kid. They were always so cool to see fly out of a tree and take out some bug in the twilight.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

It's crazy how graphic European horror films of the '70s and '80s are considering that European cinema vilified gore. Ironically their views on sex and violence in cinema are a perfect inversion of how sex and violence are depicted in American cinema.
ZRofel
24-bit

Post by ZRofel »

Anapan wrote:Is this something only me and my friends in high school ever did?
In summer at night, lay on the grass with the brightest flashlight available pointing up between your heads.
Bugs will gather, and shortly after bats will dive-bomb and eat the bugs, and the bats will be well illuminated.
Kinda like that airport scene in Wayne's World, but with bats a couple of feet from your face and only wing noises.
Everyone I mention it to is horrified at the prospect. Haven't done it in years because everyone says "RABIES!".
Bats are cool.

Bats are cool. I did something pretty similar as a kid, but I did it in a way so that the bugs would get really close. Then, when the bats swooped in to get them, they'd pass so close you could feel the rush of the air. But, sadly, I would also probably not do something like that these days because of RABIES!

Years ago a bat got into my house, and the only way I was able to get rid of it was by corning it and scooping it up in a thick towel. His attempts to scare me off by baring his fangs and expanding his silhouette were pathetically adorable. The poor little guy was so freaked out, but I deposited him safely outside and he flew off to join his friends (he was actively calling to other bats and they were audibly responding, so this is not just me anthropomorphizing).
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Had 14 bats sleeping in my patio umbrella when I opened it the other day. That’s enough bats for me for a while!
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Did you count them like this?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpeB9Kkvb2Y

Also, this comes to mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK0BGSii4fo

I think I watch too much TV. :lol: