Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gucci
64-bit

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Gucci »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I've started selling vintage/designer japanese clothing, would anyone actually be interested in me posting it here? Maybe just tees that are nerd-culture related? I currently have a Thor tee from the 2005 Bape x Marvel collab, for example. Or would anyone be interested in Bape x Nintendo items?

Funny enough, I just got into fashion (clothing and shoes) with Japanese brands being something I like quite a bit. It started with Nike in general and started to branch out into Japanese brands they collaborated within: Undercover, Comme des Garçon, and Sacai (being my favorite). Shit can be expensive so if I plan on dropping money on something, it better be special. My big thing is the patchwork stuff. Sacai has hoodies that splice traditional cotton with the nylon panels of the MA-1 bomber jacket, like https://www.notre-shop.com/products/sponge-sweat-x-ma-1-hoodie-in-black-1
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Thor tee is a large, but I'd be getting stuff of all sizes in. I don't currently have any other nerd-y tees in but the regular tees I have, I sell for around 50-75. (thor is 130 tho, its in amazing shape).

Also look into The Black Eyepatch, Gucci. Really cool japan only brand.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Not too into Thor unfortunately. Sorry but I am poor so I'll stick with Uniqlo for fashion and red bubble for cool but probably illegal tees.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Gucci wrote:
SamuraiMegas wrote:I've started selling vintage/designer japanese clothing, would anyone actually be interested in me posting it here? Maybe just tees that are nerd-culture related? I currently have a Thor tee from the 2005 Bape x Marvel collab, for example. Or would anyone be interested in Bape x Nintendo items?

Funny enough, I just got into fashion (clothing and shoes) with Japanese brands being something I like quite a bit. It started with Nike in general and started to branch out into Japanese brands they collaborated within: Undercover, Comme des Garçon, and Sacai (being my favorite).

That Sacai x Nike LD Waffle sneaker was great. Especially liked the blue and red colorway. Mountain Research and Nanamica are two other Japanese brands I like that I think are worth checking out.

Have had a lingering foot injury since last year, so it's put a damper on my sneaker hobby. Hoping I can make a full recovery and can start wearing some of the Nikes in my collection again. Stuck wearing Hokas that have extra support for the time being.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

SamuraiMegas wrote: Also look into The Black Eyepatch, Gucci. Really cool japan only brand.

First I heard of the brand. Appreciate the recommendation. I’ll check em out.

Note wrote:That Sacai x Nike LD Waffle sneaker was great. Especially liked the blue and red colorway. Mountain Research and Nanamica are two other Japanese brands I like that I think are worth checking out.

Have had a lingering foot injury since last year, so it's put a damper on my sneaker hobby. Hoping I can make a full recovery and can start wearing some of the Nikes in my collection again. Stuck wearing Hokas that have extra support for the time being.

Sorry to hear about your foot problems. Hoka are pretty dope shoes. Super squishy. However, those Hoka TenNines with that insane back mid foot thing is a bit much for me. I’m not a hardcore heel striker but come in now with that shoe!

Mountain Research I’ve seen pop up a couple of times. Nanamica I came across while window shopping for Gore-Tex jackets.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Gucci wrote:Sorry to hear about your foot problems. Hoka are pretty dope shoes. Super squishy. However, those Hoka TenNines with that insane back mid foot thing is a bit much for me. I’m not a hardcore heel striker but come in now with that shoe!

Mountain Research I’ve seen pop up a couple of times. Nanamica I came across while window shopping for Gore-Tex jackets.

Appreciate it -- been doing PT for a while and getting better, but not all the way there yet. I agree, those Ten Nines look wild. Lol. I've got a grey pair of the Hoka Bondis, which are super comfortable and provide enough support that I don't need an extra insole or padding to walk around the neighborhood.

That's cool you've come across those brands. I don't own anything from Nanamica but always thought their stuff was nice, some good collabs with The North Face Purple Label too.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

https://youtu.be/4n4pk9uWfiU
Just found the official music video for the song Lemmings by SFX. I thought it sounded familiar so I looked up SFX and it's acually Nick Coler and Ian Richardson - tech guys for the band The KLF. 90's British music...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Note wrote: That's cool you've come across those brands. I don't own anything from Nanamica but always thought their stuff was nice, some good collabs with The North Face Purple Label too.

Purple Label — that’s been super difficult to get ahold of in the States. I’ve tried different sites but they’re sketchy as hell. They had a few tee shirts I wanted where they pieced together three or four different shirts into one. I love patchwork design and that was right up there as one of the things I really wanted.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Hey SamuraiMegas are you planning on getting any other tattoos soon?

I think I'm gonna take the plunge and get a neck tattoo soon. I think getting the ones that Jack has in Mass Effect.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

PretentiousHipster wrote:Hey SamuraiMegas are you planning on getting any other tattoos soon?

I think I'm gonna take the plunge and get a neck tattoo soon. I think getting the ones that Jack has in Mass Effect.

I've been thinking about it, I have a small album of designs I've been thinking about but I currently need to save money to buy music production gear, so getting tatted is kind of on the back burner. Did I ever post photos of mine? I can't remember.

Also, speaking of TNF ^ go check out @futuradoamil on Instagram's last post. It's the artist Futura2000's page, he just posted about how TNF has been plagiarizing his work and using his designs.

As for comfortable shoes, check out shoes with Ultra boost! Most comfortable shoes ever made. Got a pair of Nigo x Pharrell Friendship pack Boost Slides and I can literally walk several miles in them comfortably- and those are just slides! Jordan 1s are also very comfortable imo.

The main sneaker I collect right now is the OG model of Bapestas (basically the ones from 09 and before) and I have to say, in terms of comfort, they kinda suck. I've spent 200+ on a pair of shoes I can barely wear for a couple hours, and I can't bend my toes in them without creasing the absolute fuck outta em.

Girls think they're cute though, so I guess it's worth it. I'll post some pics of my collection in the next month or two- waiting to hang up some stuff and I'm going to post a thread showing off my set up.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread