The Wrestling Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Markies
Next-Gen

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Markies »

This could be the worst sign I have ever seen at a Wrestling Show. :lol:

Are you telling me the Famicom Fire Emblem games are better than the Paper Mario N64 or Thousand Year Door??
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Raging Justice wrote:I like that AEW creates stars that most of the fans like. WWE makes whoever they like the stars, regardless of what fans think. They pushed John Cena as their top guy for years even though many fans hated him. Then, they pushed Roman Reigns as their top guy even though many fans hated him. WWE has shown that they literally do not care what the fans think. They push people based on who Vince McMahon likes, not who the fans like.

1- Because there is no competition, WWE is about the only wrestling show on tv.

2-WWE works by who listens and abides by lord McMahon words. They like a corporate pet. Backstage politics as they call it.

I have seen impossible things done in WWE like The Miz- who I see as a complete Joke-main event wrestlemania and they gave the push to Sheamus which is not liked as face no hated as heel, and currently they have Bobby Lashley as WWE champion. As much as he might be a nice and dedicated guy he just does not have "it" to carry the company, this belt was carried by the likes of Ric Flair, Hogan, Steve Austin, and The Rock. Bobby Lashley is no where near there.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Markies wrote:Image

This could be the worst sign I have ever seen at a Wrestling Show. :lol:

Are you telling me the Famicom Fire Emblem games are better than the Paper Mario N64 or Thousand Year Door??

That's funny :lol:

I have an appreciation for the Mario RPGs because a lot of modern RPGs have copied the formula, but I also have played one Fire Emblem game and was completely obsessed with it for a while, to the point that it got me in trouble at my job as I was staying up playing it and falling asleep at work :lol:

WWE and AEW both have wrestlers on their roster that are big gamers, but AEW has actually themed entire shows around video games. So I guess it's natural we'd see signs like this at their shows. Their current world champion is a BIG gamer. Even if any of you reading this aren't wrestling fans, you'll appreciate these youtube videos:

It's worth watching this first one in its entirety
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXFrDpQl2uk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcOl6nonjFU
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

This one is spot on to be fair.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

So AEW All Out 2021 was easily one of the greatest pro wrestling pay per views of all fucking time

Last edited by Raging Justice on Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

thats a huge claim...

I didn't know The Giant was still wrestling and in AEW too. AEW sucked WWE talents.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

It's sad how dead this thread is, but I guess I should expect that from a forum based on video games not wrestling. Plus, racketboy forums in general don't have much activity. It is what it is. Everything is about social media and reddit in 2021 I guess

There's exciting stuff going on in wrestling right now but this thread is just dead. Oh well.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

RCBH928 wrote:thats a huge claim...

And I stand by it

Four hours of good to great matches, including a fun pre-show match. A packed arena with a hot crowd that popped HUGE for some moments. Some big debuts including one HUGE one for the company. A spectacular ending to the show. A ton of star power. And that's really saying something considering that two of their biggest stars were not even on the show as both of them are taking time off for family.

Many are saying this show is a game changer for AEW. Time will tell if that's true, but it was an excellent show that everyone is talking about.

And yes, they are taking talent from WWE as you said, and not just any talent, but the BEST. I'm not sure if I can include CM Punk in that statement, but reportedly WWE tried to get him back and he went to AEW instead. So I think he counts.

I'm super excited about AEW working with New Japan Pro Wrestling too and I think it's a matter of time before this guy has a match there

Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I've never ordered nor watched a pay per view in my life, but I was really close with that one! I don't have Cable, so the only watching and following of wrestling I do is online through news sites, gifs and short clips.

That CM Punk debut was utterly perfect. I've never seen a crowd want something so bad and then be so happy to get what they want. That Pop explosion was one of the happiest moments I have ever seen in my life.

And then on Sunday, add on Ruby Soho, Adam Cole and Bryan Danielson and you really have a stellar show. And that Tag Team match was absolutely insane.

I don't know if I would call it a game changer, per say. WWE's foothold is still too firm at the moment. I think a big piece of the puzzle will be what happens to NXT. If it moves away from HHH's vision (High Budget Indie Federation) and into something that Vince wants (Developmental for Non-Wrestlers to Train), then I think AEW will only grow stronger. It would almost mean that AEW won the Wednesday Night War and then took almost every NXT viewer with them.

Because then AEW and WWE would be too different brands offering two unique types of pro wrestling. AEW would become the home of Professional Wrestling. The home for talent that loves Professional Wrestling, worked hard on the Independents and want to elevate the Art Form of Professional Wrestling. While, WWE, would be the home of Sports Entertainment. Goofy Storylines with larger than life characters from ex-athletes who see Wrestling as a way to make large amounts of money and don't really care about the ins and outs of every match.

And in a profession where only a few companies can offer you enough money to make a living, I think competition is a good thing!
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Raging Justice wrote:It's sad how dead this thread is, but I guess I should expect that from a forum based on video games not wrestling. Plus, racketboy forums in general don't have much activity. It is what it is. Everything is about social media and reddit in 2021 I guess

There's exciting stuff going on in wrestling right now but this thread is just dead. Oh well.

1-Most users here are hovering around 40 and 40+ age. Not pro-wrestling age target. As for me I have seen so much wrestling in past life that I just do not care for it any more, it all looks as rewatching the same movie with the characters have a different name and I can tell when they are doing something just for making money. Nothing today, imo, will match 90's -> 2000s wrestling , even pre that. Maybe AEW weekly show is better than the weekly RAW and WCW pre MNW , but no way the PPVs and for sure not better than Nitro MNW era... that is not to mention ECW.

2-Actually low number users forums has its advantages, you get better attention to your posts and more likely to meet knowledgable people. Try posting a comment in reddit and see how it gets buried in the other 278 comments.