Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: The Wrestling Thread

by Raging Justice Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:00 am

This capped off one of the best pro wrestling story lines in a long time. AEW has shown that they know how to properly build a top babyface. For people who have followed Adam Page's two year journey to becoming world champ, the pre-match video was an awesome thing to witness

His first title defense is gonna be awesome. He'll be fighting the undefeated Bryan Danielson a.k.a Daniel Bryan, who has been built up as the top dog in AEW since his arrival wrestling week after week against tough opponents and literally winning every match with a different move.

Full Gear was an awesome show.

I also love that we have AEW officially working with NJPW now

2021 has been a year of ups and downs. Plenty of ups for AEW, and a few smaller promotions like GCW...but big, huge downs for Ring of Honor and NXT, both of which are effectively dead now, or at least dead as we once knew them. NXT 2.0 is like the rotting, zombie corpse of the NXT people used to love. And in other crappy news...there's the never ending firings from WWE

Lot of free agents out there right now. Wrestling companies should be looking to sign any good talents that haven't already been scooped up by AEW
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:07 am

You guys remember Tajira? He had a pretty cool comeback in MLW. Check out this fun match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLNUjJ2bhhg
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:28 am

In an interesting turn of events, it seems Cody Rhodes has become the John Cena of AEW. He literally gets, "Let's go Cody! Cody sucks!" chants now

I also have to point out how awesome this match was, it probably should have main evented:

AEW's womens division has really started stepping things up in 2021

We got a second title in the form of the TBS title

Awesome feud between Shida and Sereena Deeb

Awesome Lights Out match with Britt Baker and Thunder Rosa

Speaking of which, DMD has been amazing all year as the women's champ and Thunder Rosa is possibly the best wrestler on the division and super over

We just got Mercedes Martinez in AEW now

Tay Conti and Jade Cargill turned some heads this year

Ruby Soho is a star in the making. Ana Jay also looks like she could be a huge star for the company at some point

The Bunny and Penelope have consistently been two of the best heels in the division and they stepped things up in that match tonight

Legit Leyla has had some great matches in and out of AEW

Riho has started getting some TV time again, as she should as AEW first women's champion and is already feuding with the current women's champ

They are building up some young talent with the likes of Sky Blue and Julia Heart

Things are looking up for what has often been the most criticized part of AEW
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:35 pm

That much blood in a women's match? haven't seen this since ECW. Probably fake blood?!

I like that Cody is like the main character of AEW while he was near nobody in WWE AFAIK. Just shows how the feds mold things, I mean WCW had Stunning Steve Austin and the WWF had Stone Cold Steve Austin. Can't blame WCW nor Bischoff, when you have that much talent and household names like Sting, Hogan, Macho, and Flair its really easy to miss the talent on the unknown guys.

That being said, WWE treats their modern talent as a business product, when John Cena has a following they will serve John Cena day and night non stop kind of like Coca Cola or Nutella . At least until the number of viewers drop or something.

Things are looking up for what has often been the most criticized part of AEW

and what is that?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:02 pm

I’m going to AEW Battle of the Belts on January 8, and I found out recently it’ll be televised! Should I make a Racketboy sign for the event? Any matches I should be looking out for?
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:03 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I’m going to AEW Battle of the Belts on January 8, and I found out recently it’ll be televised! Should I make a Racketboy sign for the event? Any matches I should be looking out for?

I think the only match that has been confirmed is for the women's title between the current champ Britt Baker (D.M.D.) and Riho (the first woman to have ever won the women's title). There's been a lot of emphasis on the fact that Britt Baker has never beaten Riho in a match

Beyond that, things are still up in the air. In fact, one of the champions featured on the posters and promo art for this show doesn't even have his title anymore. So he probably won't be on the show.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:57 pm

Is it a PPV? because if its a PPV and they still didnt come up with the matches this is major problem . PPVs need build ups. I recall WCW would show up a PPV and you had no idea what matches are booked. WWF would promote it to death with back stories and exciting build ups.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:04 pm

RCBH928 wrote:Is it a PPV? because if its a PPV and they still didnt come up with the matches this is major problem . PPVs need build ups. I recall WCW would show up a PPV and you had no idea what matches are booked. WWF would promote it to death with back stories and exciting build ups.

I think it’s the first in a series of televised events, not a PPV. There’s a show on January 5, I think, that will settle the rest of the lineup.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:59 pm

So, Turner Broadcasting, bought the rights to the NHL and the NHL has a traditional game of the night on Wednesdays. Because of that, AEW's show Dynamite that normally shows on Wednesdays has been bumped a few times for all markets and has lost it being live to several markets. Because of this, Dynamite's ratings haven't been great recently.

To solidify Dynamite more, the show is now being moved to TBS on Wednesdays. Hopefully, that will be its more permanent spot for a while now to give it more of a foundation. Since TBS is a smaller network than TNT, there will be a few specials that will air on TNT throughout the year. "Battle of the Belts" is the first one, which I believe, will only have title matches on the Card.

It's not exactly a PPV, but its also not a normal episode of Dynamite. It would be somewhere in between.

Also, bring video game signs is very popular on AEW shows. So, a Racketboy or "Video Game Hot Take" sign would be very appropriate. 8)
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:33 pm

Sweet. I’m thinking:

“PLAY KING’S FIELD”
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever