Official Racketboy Suggestion Forum Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Official Racketboy Suggestion Forum Thread

Post by Anapan »

Already apologized, but those are not Jpeg compression artefacts, but color depth dithering introduced after pixel-doubling somehow, but before the image was saved as jpeg. Despite me not remembering posting the previous complaint, it is still valid.
I will rephrase the original post:
I'm looking to commission a pixel artist to make a Sonic the Hedgehog backdrop using their original assets. As the game is well known, and there are some very talented Sonic the Hedgehog romhack and fanart communities, I'm looking for suggestions on which artist I could request the services of.
A similar Green Hill Zone image, but with new better art - something that is familiar, but catches the eye as being entirely new somehow.
like this Image
but that same scene
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I know it's been asked before but I'd love to be able to embed videos into my posts and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I would love for REPO to not be able to embed videos in his posts. Thanks
marurun

Post by marurun »

alienjesus wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:32 am I would love for REPO to not be able to embed videos in his posts. Thanks
I second this motion.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

When CRT Gamer suggested this years ago, I thought it was dumb. Just open it in a new tab, I thought. But after using a couple of other forums that allow you to embed videos in posts, I can see the value in it. Not only is it super convenient, but it will help to modernize the way the forum feels.

Moderation and forum rules still exist, so I wouldn't worry about one user abusing it.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I mostly just don't want a bunch of single-short-sentence posts with a video embedded in them, and I know who's most likely to dump them that way. That's not a way to build discussion. I see it on Discord all the time and it typically does not generate meaningful interaction.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

There are a couple of other forums that I sometimes read/post on (not nearly as frequently as here) that you can embed videos in post and it definitely has value. It's really nice to reference a video as part of a discussion without having to leave the page. But I totally get what you're saying, and there's no reason we can't add a guideline or rule for embedded videos.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Ziggy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:14 pm There are a couple of other forums that I sometimes read/post on (not nearly as frequently as here) that you can embed videos in post and it definitely has value. It's really nice to reference a video as part of a discussion without having to leave the page. But I totally get what you're saying, and there's no reason we can't add a guideline or rule for embedded videos.
It does make it easier to skip over broken links from removed Youtube videos.