New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Post by marurun »

Hello Ninjamaster! Good taste in games, of course. But, are you really a ninja master?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ninjamaster
16-bit

Post by Ninjamaster »

marurun wrote:Hello Ninjamaster! Good taste in games, of course. But, are you really a ninja master?

Thanks! I'm still practicing with Kasumi and Ayane ninja skills :lol:
My collection Updated 2021: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31763
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Hey Ninjamaster! Welcome back to the forums!

I'm a big fan of the RE series myself, RE 2 is definitely up there for me in that series too. Bayonetta is something I've wanted to get into -- I enjoyed the demo on my 360, and would like to play through the game sometime.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

They ported Bayonetta to the PS4, and possibly Xbox One and Switch.
Ninjamaster
16-bit

Post by Ninjamaster »

Note wrote:Hey Ninjamaster! Welcome back to the forums!

Thanks Note! :D
My collection Updated 2021: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31763
TristanX
8-bit

Post by TristanX »

Hi guys,

It's been a long time I went into limbo. I was one of the user who was active in Saturn Torrents. I've been too busy with real life and work. Oh, my internet is significantly faster as well.

How are things?
Play with the best or lose like the rest.
DaydreamStarbeam
8-bit

Post by DaydreamStarbeam »

Hi, it's mad to find a site that still works and even lets you register through an old browser (currently in a scenario where I can't use anything except my PS3, lol)

I'm a 20yo NEET living alone, so I missed the glory days of the internet (I can't stand the way everything went post-2015, communities just became less individualistic thanks to Discord finally taking the populace of "this side" of the internet in general and merging it into the mainstream). Probably most interested in 6th generation and prior, particularly the MD (and its addons*) and SNES, PS2, and the GB line.

I'm kinda boring... I don't tend to say or contribute much to places because I'm not really smart compared to the average person into this stuff and always just annoy people by being too 'loud' (overposting) because I want to be liked...

* I lowkey want a 32X considering how good that Doom re-port is, would love to see potential for homebrew used more, even if most people are emulating that add-on and its brother... Virtua Racing DX is a gorgeous game I'd love a real cartridge of too, heh ^^
I feel like I have to retreat when anyone potentially knows me and any of those unforgivable shenanigans I refuse to own up to (because others' accounts of them are far more trustworthy).
marurun

Post by marurun »

DaydreamStarbeam wrote:Hi, it's mad to find a site that still works and even lets you register through an old browser (currently in a scenario where I can't use anything except my PS3, lol)

I'm a 20yo NEET living alone, so I missed the glory days of the internet (I can't stand the way everything went post-2015, communities just became less individualistic thanks to Discord finally taking the populace of "this side" of the internet in general and merging it into the mainstream). Probably most interested in 6th generation and prior, particularly the MD (and its addons*) and SNES, PS2, and the GB line.

I'm kinda boring... I don't tend to say or contribute much to places because I'm not really smart compared to the average person into this stuff and always just annoy people by being too 'loud' (overposting) because I want to be liked...

* I lowkey want a 32X considering how good that Doom re-port is, would love to see potential for homebrew used more, even if most people are emulating that add-on and its brother... Virtua Racing DX is a gorgeous game I'd love a real cartridge of too, heh ^^

Hi, welcome! I'm not sure having a few talkative folks is necessarily a problem, here. Might prompt some of us to speak up a little more often.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Welcome to the forum! We’re a welcoming community, and I look forward to your contributions!
DaydreamStarbeam
8-bit

Post by DaydreamStarbeam »

*blush*

Thanks! I'm assuming most people moved onto Discord? Honestly I can't really get into Discord for serious community-building, it just lacks individuality between guilds since you can't truly customise everything, moderation is a shitshow of employing multiple bots/whatever, and it encourages that awful mindset of seeking internet fame/being influenced by people 'socially above you' within similar communities, which is really damaging to someone like me...

There's no such thing as a neutral medium, only extreme endpoles as are perceived by others, and this can go for lots more things too these days... sorry for the political rant, I kind of get personally affected on that topic as a transmedicalist who was TWICE previously groomed into the extremist - seemingly more popular - 'modern' view by self-identified 'communists' who backstabbed me pretty much because they could...
I feel like I have to retreat when anyone potentially knows me and any of those unforgivable shenanigans I refuse to own up to (because others' accounts of them are far more trustworthy).