What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Ack »

PretentiousHipster wrote:
REPO Man wrote:You know Criterion has all the old-school Godzilla films, right?

At least the Godzilla films have a camp factor to them. If we wanna talk about bad Criterion films there's that Olympics box set.

As someone who had to research every single film in that Olympics boxed set...

Yes.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I just read the last few pages of this thread and... *mwah* magnifique! I can no longer discern what's a shitpost/joke. Quality work guys.

:( Can't find any Faygo Firework soda anywhere. Searched all over. I did get some Faygo Rock & Rye which I've yet to try, and some Frostop Vanilla Caramel Creme soda, which was absolutely fire, y'all gotta find some.
I actually don't drink much soda normally, but I've started really enjoying trying the regional ones I find when I travel.

I particularly try to avoid caffeine, so I've started trying a lot of creme sodas in particular lately. Faygo's Cotton Candy Creme soda is my favorite cheap one, and if I feel fancy I pick up some Johnny Ryan or those tiny New York ones in the glass bottles.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

My dad has my illnesses and refuses to take medications. I cut him off, despite him still trying to contact me, because he was extremely abusive, and blames the "feminism" of his ex wives for him being abusive instead of apologizing. I'm not religious and won't insult it just in case, but it is safe to say that he has a toxic obsession with it.

I woke up, looked at my old email account, and he gave me the strangest gift. He signed me up as an ordained minister without telling me. I just found out that I can legally perform marriages now... :twisted:
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I've been ordained in various places since I was like 14 haha. Never had a chance to use it.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

PretentiousHipster wrote:My dad has my illnesses and refuses to take medications. I cut him off, despite him still trying to contact me, because he was extremely abusive, and blames the "feminism" of his ex wives for him being abusive instead of apologizing. I'm not religious and won't insult it just in case, but it is safe to say that he has a toxic obsession with it.

I woke up, looked at my old email account, and he gave me the strangest gift. He signed me up as an ordained minister without telling me. I just found out that I can legally perform marriages now... :twisted:

:lol: Send him your greatest thanks along with a picture of you officiating the wedding of a nice lesbian couple. I'm sure he'll love that.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Oh hello there ministers.

Think I'm gonna start attending church regularly. Found one I like a couple of miles away.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Speaking of Baja Blast: https://imgur.com/a/AsSQcrr
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

:cry: My usual artist can't do my upcoming tattoo. He said it'll look great but it so beyond his style that he has no idea how to do it. I found 3 potential artists in my city, but odds are I might have to go to a city 3 hours away to get it done by a famous artist, so a long waiting list, and going there just for a 15-20 minute in-person consult and paying deposit.

:) Found an artist that specializes in geek tattoos. I wanted to get quite a few gaming ones so I think he would work out with those specific ones. I never had any ideas for a back tattoo yet, but maybe getting a full back one with a montage of video game characters that I love would look awesome.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I've wanted to get a tattoo for ages. Thinking of getting "My future is unlimited" on the top of my wrist on my right arm. It's a line from Wicked, for those who didn't know.

:D First full day off in a week! I was off from Duck Donuts yesterday morning so I slept until 10am instead of 6am. This morning I turned my alarm off and slept until half-past noon (I went to bed around 2am last night).

:? Still working on my brother's present. As you may remember I bought an onn.-brand Android TV box for my brother, and one for myself. Right now I'm loading up a flash drive with tons of ROMs so he can use it as a video game console, but right now I'm having issues downloading PS1 games. It seems like if I've got tons of stuff downloading at once the download speeds crap out all across the board and I keep getting "Failed - Network Error" messages and sometimes files flat-out get cancelled even if I didn't cancel them myself. I thought it was because of where I was downloading them, but now I'm going through a different site (Internet Archive) and it's the same issue. And due to my work schedule my time to get all this shit square away is finite.

I'm also looking into adding Dreamcast and PSP games, but emulation there is hit-or-miss. When ETA Prime demonstrated emulation of these consoles, some games ran like crap but some ran decently.

And there's native Android games, with some working, some not and some taking up too much space on the device. Sadly it currently only has less than 5GB of storage and I can't put apps on the external flash drive. This royally sucks since my brother loves FPS games and two that I know work like a dream (Dead Trigger and Unkilled) easily take up roughly a gig and a half each on average.

:D But it turns out his new girlfriend LOVES video games.

:cry: I'll only be able to give them one of my Bluetooth controller, my 8bitdo SN30 Pro+, since my SteelSeries and GameSir ones don't work as well. The former has issues with the triggers not working in one of the games I tried and the GameSir has always been a crapshoot. Even though I have an 8bitdo SN30 Pro 2 I really wanted to keep my Pro+ as a backup and a second controller if/when I have someone over.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

PPSSPP works very well on Android devices. Best way to play PSP via emulation on those types of devices.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!