Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by SamuraiMegas Fri May 20, 2022 11:15 am

If I was 6 inches taller and 100lb heavier... :lol:

edit so I don't have to double post-

Got a sinus infection and BOTH my ears are infected. Not fun. Had to ask the Dr for some good pain medication cause I haven't been able to sleep the last few nights. Feels weird taking opioids now considering I liked them a little too much when I was a teenager, but I have actual self control now. Honestly don't know how I'd get thru this if he hadn't prescribed me something for the pain. He wasn't even going to at first but I stopped him before he walked out the room and asked. Guess he took pity on me because I yelped and jumped back the second he touched my ear with the little magnifying thing.

Literally looked at it .2 seconds and went, "Yep, that's definitely infected."
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri May 20, 2022 10:37 pm

Oh, shit, SamuraiMegas. Sorry to hear that.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sat May 21, 2022 12:34 am

Doing a lot better now that I got some ear drops and codeine in me. I'll be back to normal in a few days.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
opa
128-bit

by opa Sat May 21, 2022 9:04 am

Sinus stuff is bad this year. I had to take a day off last week it hit me so bad. Get to feeling better soon!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Mon May 23, 2022 7:32 pm

:x Was taking care of a bag in a can marked exclusively for clean, clear, soft plastic and when I let the bag hit the ground I hear a shatter-pop and see liquid pouring out of the bottom. Someone threw a couple of beer bottles in it! I swear, people need to stop thinking the plastic can and trash can are NOT the same thing!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun May 29, 2022 5:57 pm

:shock: 7-1 at Muffins and Scones and 2-9 at Food Lion every day this week!

I originally had Friday and Saturday off, but apparently one of the other QAs was scheduled to work the past two nights when I was off but never showed up. This really fucks up my week, since now I don't have any time to do any laundry. I mean, it's bad enough I have to go to a nearby motel to do it, especially in yesterday's case when I literally had to wait an hour for someone to take their stuff out of the washer and then had to take my clothes out of the dryer after only 30 minutes, in lieu of the full 60.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Tue May 31, 2022 8:33 am

REPO Man wrote::shock: 7-1 at Muffins and Scones and 2-9 at Food Lion every day this week!

I originally had Friday and Saturday off, but apparently one of the other QAs was scheduled to work the past two nights when I was off but never showed up. This really fucks up my week, since now I don't have any time to do any laundry. I mean, it's bad enough I have to go to a nearby motel to do it, especially in yesterday's case when I literally had to wait an hour for someone to take their stuff out of the washer and then had to take my clothes out of the dryer after only 30 minutes, in lieu of the full 60.

Is the laundromat locked at night? I mean, it sounds like you have ten hours between getting off a Food Lion and having to be back at Muffins and Scones in the morning. I'm sure the extra money from extra hours won't hurt too badly...
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Tue May 31, 2022 1:39 pm

I don't know if it's closed at night, but even if it was… you DO realize I need sleep, right? By the time I get home it's between 9:15-9:30pm, and then I need to eat dinner and wait for my Advil PM to kick in. At the earliest I go to bed between 10:30-11pm and wake up at 6am if I'm scheduled a shift at Muffins and Scones. That's up to 7-7½ hours of sleep, noticeably below the 8 hours one needs. Further proof I need a washer and dryer in my place.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Tue May 31, 2022 2:07 pm

Well you're lucky to be able to do laundry at a motel you don't stay at. Technically you're trespassing lol.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Tue May 31, 2022 2:09 pm

Not necessarily. My mom said she knows the owner. Plus there's no laundromats on the island.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever