Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by marurun Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:18 am

If you properly mask up and keep your distance you are allowed to go in to buy a test unless your local laws say otherwise. Yes, tests are very hard to get right now, but it is important to try regardless.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:21 am

But like I said, the pharmacy and medical center are closed on weekends. Personally I think it's asinine. I know that not every pharmacy is as big as CVS or Walgreens, who can stay open 24/7, but closing on the weekends?
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:40 am

REPO Man wrote:But like I said, the pharmacy and medical center are closed on weekends. Personally I think it's asinine. I know that not every pharmacy is as big as CVS or Walgreens, who can stay open 24/7, but closing on the weekends?

Can you wait a few days?

https://www.covidtests.gov/

Although, from what I understand, by the time you get them, it might have been cleared. I'll second maru and say try and look around for a test, but I also know that in some cases it really is impossible to do. Good luck.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:55 am

Got the first session of my neck tattoo done. Maybe 10-15% done now and I have never experienced so much pain. I'm bent over like Mr. Burns now because stretching my neck in any way really hurts. I probably should have expected that though.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:19 pm

Last edited by SamuraiMegas on Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
marurun

by marurun Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:30 pm

It was wandering into politics and political/economic theory, which is off-limits. Also, this isn’t the proper venue for that. Feel free to PM a moderator or the site admin if you have an issue with how moderation has been handled.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:03 pm

SamuraiMegas wrote:I'm kind of annoyed with how the moderation was handled for the cryptocurrency thread. Other than 1 specific statement he made, fuctfuct was being reasonable and polite throughout the thread.
https://imgur.com/a/pvaO8qs
However, Popo was being needlessly antagonistic. What was the point of him even doing that? Even if fuct was dodging taxes or something, why would any of you care? Are you the cops? The IRS?
Or no, bragging is the issue! Well we're on a game collecting forum with a 3000 page long post bragging about what games we found recently.

"He's talking about not paying his taxes!" Are you guys paying taxes when you sell a game you bought for 3$ for 500$ cash?

In no way does posting hours long Youtube videos and then making not-so-subtle "lead a horse to the water" comments constitute reasonable posting.

"I can't help you people if you can't believe why my [scam] works to get you rich quick!" Yeah, that's a no.

But as maru said, it had long descended into politics, and the religion was probably the last straw.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:18 am

I'm not getting into this past this- but if you think the coins discussed in that thread (BTC and ETH) are scams, then you straight up don't understand them. They're here to stay now. Especially Bitcoin. There may be a bear market right now, but that happens sometimes. It's a traded commodity like stocks.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:19 pm

I agree with Megas. Whatever your opinions on cryptocurrency I don't think Fuct was being particularly antagonistic or political. Even if he was part of the issue some people have with cryptocurrency is politically based and is worth being discussed.

On a similar note it's kind of silly how there's a coronavirus thread with the caveat that it not mention anything political when Coronavirus has probably been the number one political issue worldwide for the last two years. It's a bit stifling and is probably why these forums mostly read like journal entries than discussions these days.
marurun

by marurun Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:23 pm

The no politics rule has largely saved what's left of the forums, to be quite honest. No forums anywhere are doing great.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever