What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Sload Soap »

A lot of classism directed at old Repo here from some people who should know better. Yikes.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Sload Soap wrote:A lot of classism directed at old Repo here from some people who should know better. Yikes.

"Shit or get off the pot" is not classism.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I had to swing trade Bitcoin with my entire savings to make an extra $200 for rent one month last year- and that was one of more my respectable schemes I had to come up with to be able to survive. I was working 3 jobs and tried to pick up a fourth while going to school full time earlier this year. If you want to get out of a bad place you have to put in the work and take some risk. I don't like listening to people complain about their problems when they aren't really trying to fix them.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

It’s ok to try and fail as long as you’re trying. Maybe luck is far more important than effort , but you can’t control luck. You can control effort, and even when effort ain’t much, it’s something.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Exactly. Struggling is nothing to be ashamed of. A shitty circumstance is not dishonorable. Failing to even TRY is the problem. Also, Samurai, when you gonna let me or Popo teach you tech?
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Sload Soap wrote:A lot of classism directed at old Repo here from some people who should know better. Yikes.

Didn't say anything close to it, but I'm someone who is unable to work full-time due to mental illness, and am dependent on part-time work and disability. I earned almost like $600 less per month than what a full-time minimum wage earner would earn. I can see the car thing being an issue, but with proper planning and some saving up I'm sure a trip is feasible. If an uber is $270 or so, pay a family member like $150 or so after.

But, that's besides the point. I won't go into too much detail, but I didn't get my first kiss until my late 20s. My early to mid 20s was me being desperate for it. It was like the sole purpose of my life. You can say it was my NYC. Oddly enough, getting it didn't do much for me, but I figured a relationship would be the big one afterwards. When I finally got in my first relationship I was ecstatic. The first few months were amazing. But, after that, the problems I had before were coming back. The self-hatred, constant suicidal ideation and even attempts, and a huge crisis realizing that my "NYC" was not the be all end all to fix my problems.

This is one of the biggest things that worries me about REPO. Even if he makes it to NYC, it's not gonna fix anything after a while, despite the amazing first few months. It's gonna hit him like a truck and it's gonna be by far his worst crisis. I can understand artistic endeavors, even unrealistic ones. I mean, I wanna make a youtube video that might even be 10 hours, and I am somehow actually doing some decent progress towards it. But, he needs be realistic to some extent, and at the very least, he NEEDS practice first. It's gonna be even worse if he spent over a decade planning it like this. I don't wanna speak for him, but this may be his sole purpose of his life now, like my first relationship was for me, and that thought scares me.
Last edited by PretentiousHipster on Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
marurun

Post by marurun »

PH gets it.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Flake wrote: Also, Samurai, when you gonna let me or Popo teach you tech?

I'm always down to learn new skills 8)

I should say, I'm doing way better now, I'm in the vaping industry and will probably get into to the weed industry from here. Always nice to have things to add on the resume though.

My BST Thread
Flake

Post by Flake »

SamuraiMegas wrote:
Flake wrote: Also, Samurai, when you gonna let me or Popo teach you tech?

I'm always down to learn new skills 8)

I should say, I'm doing way better now, I'm in the vaping industry and will probably get into to the weed industry from here. Always nice to have things to add on the resume though.

I'm already doing bi-weekly AWS training for another friend, if you have any interest in Cloud infrastructure. No worry if you do not. Popo has a much sexier skill set.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I don't have any coding skills so I don't know if I could even keep up! My skills are purely sales related basically. I'm a professional people person lol.

My BST Thread