What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by REPO Man »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I care less about Marurun’s health than I do about whether you have been able to replace your crotchless pants. Marurun will be fine, but not having any pants with a crotch is an emergency!

Actually, only one of my pairs of jeans has a hole in the crotch. I recently got my laundry done so now all I gotta do is just not get them to dirty. Thankfully it's slowing down at my morning job.

And seriously? THAT takes precedence over someone's health?
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

REPO Man wrote:Actually, only one of my pairs of jeans has a hole in the crotch. I recently got my laundry done so now all I gotta do is just not get them to dirty. Thankfully it's slowing down at my morning job.

And seriously? THAT takes precedence over someone's health?

He said he has IBS. He is the perfect candidate for your crotchless pants.

If you really care about his health you should send them to him.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Ack

Post by Ack »

Also, we have Racket Slack.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I am fortunate enough to have paid sick leave available. I don’t have to wait until I’m half dead to call off from work. It’s ok.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I got pretty lucky recently, with my sick leave. Haven't been with the company long enough to have PTO so they were just going to not pay me while I was sick in bed with pneumonia earlier this month- I guess someone forgot cause I got my whole check
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ack

Post by Ack »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I got pretty lucky recently, with my sick leave. Haven't been with the company long enough to have PTO so they were just going to not pay me while I was sick in bed with pneumonia earlier this month- I guess someone forgot cause I got my whole check

Hold up, don't spend that money. If the company screwed up in the billing department, they may dand the money back. I know, it sucks, but you should reach out to your boss and let him know in case they want that money back.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Or they'll take the surplus from your next check. That happened last year. I thought we all were getting a fat bonus, which I used to get my Nintendo Switch. But soon after we find out the person who does payroll messed up and the excess was taken from our next check. I mean, personally I would think the person who made the mistake should have paid for their mistake. And I wasn't the only who thought so.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Nah, my boss knows. Told me to just keep it.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ack

Post by Ack »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Nah, my boss knows. Told me to just keep it.

All right, that's good then. Still, be cautious, man. I don't want you getting screwed.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Yea, paid sick leave is a great feature to have for sure.

One of my meds is an anti-psychotic, and I gotta take it in 2 pills because they don't really offer that many different sizes. For some reason the pharmacy, even after 2 weeks, didn't give me both of the required doses. Within a few days I got an episode and was maybe 95% towards committing suicide for psychosis reasons. I think the fact that it was "illogically logical" rather than emotional was scarier too cause there's a bigger chance of me doing it. But, I ran out of time and went to work instead lol.

I'm just taking 2 of the pills with some pill cutting to get as close to the previous dose as possible, and hopefully my doctor will resolve the issue soon.

I feel like it's a burden to talk about stuff like this, but then again it is a venting thread.