Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Luke
Next-Gen

What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Luke Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:00 am

We all like to vent, why not vent here?

What made me smile: The start of my first year anniversary vacation! We'll be heading out to a bed and breakfast in Colonial Wlliamsburg any hour. I might post some pictures over the weekend. I'm really excited about this trip, have it all pretty much planned out, but always welcome the unexpected.

Ticked me off: Well, it didn't tick me off, just made me feel uncomfortable. As some of you know, my wife lost a friend this week. She went into early labor, lost her baby, then died shortly there after. The funeral is open casket, and she is holding the baby, and both will be buried together. It's going to be a while to get that image out of my mind.

Well, this did tick me off: purchasing an anniversary card. I don't know why dames love cards. It's just over priced card stock. Well, since the tradition is first anniversary gift = paper, I'll get my wife a card and the receipts from our dinner and bed and breakfast bill.
vash23n
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by vash23n Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:25 am

Sounds awesome about the vacation, definitely post some pics. I have never been to Williamsburg. Very sorry to hear about your/your wife's friend. Open casket viewings are hard to get out of your mind to begin with, so I can't imagine what it is like having seen that.

What made me happy: I actually went to sleep early last night and fell asleep by 1am. Today I woke up at around 7am and felt completely refreshed. I have been staying up until 6 am the last few days and it has been rough. Of course I just got a new job where I will be working the graveyard shift (so I can take advantage of my insomnia). I guess the new job makes me smile too as I have been unemployed a couple of weeks and money is nonexistent.

What kind of ruined my smile: Again, I am happy about the new job, but I am a vet tech at heart. I left the place I was at for years because the Dr. started to lose his mind when the economy crumbled and began practicing not-so-good medicine. So it stinks that I will be going back to work at Wawa. Good job, pays great, awesome benefits, but not what I want to be doing.

What made me scowl: I am currently playing Zelda II and this game is annoying as hell. I understand why it is the least popular Zelda game. Honestly, I don't mind the story or the idea of upgrading levels and stuff. I feel as though there is not problem solving and it is just throwing enemies at me constantly. These enemies (I am just starting) will be easy eventually, but now I notice they are pretty damn hard for where I am at in the game. Very frustrating.
Anubis
32-bit

by Anubis Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:52 am

Smile: I've been spending the past week with good friends having a great time. I'm so glad that I've met the people I have down in Orlando. School is going alright, spring break has just started. I've been playing guitar with new people all the time, and my skills have improved exponentially. Most of all though, I haven't seen my girlfriend (we live in different cities) in three weeks and I'm going to see her tomorrow. I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.

Ticked off: Nothing is really ticking me off, although I drank a four pack of of Steel Reserve last night and now have no idea during the later half of the night. I had no idea that was going to happen. I just woke up on a friends couch about thirty minutes ago confused.

Scowl: When I'm searching for the right note when playing guitar and I just can't seem to find it.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:20 pm

Smile: It's Friday and Payday! :D

Tick Off: I'm not a person who gets tick off easily. Life: "It is what it is".
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
BAD PIXEL
24-bit

by BAD PIXEL Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Hey man, great topic here. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's friend. I hope everyone is coping as well as they can with a situation like this. It really makes one appreciate every day when a terrible tragedy like this happens.

Smiled: I like the idea the card, with receipts for a first anniversary...haha... Wish I'd have thought about that.

Ticked: These older women at the gym this morning doing all sorts of ball and mat exercises right in the middle of the weight room, right against all the weights, making it impossible to get to some of the weights. They have a "women's area," so I'm not sure why they weren't working out there. Not only that, but they obviously had no idea about the exercises they were doing.
YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAD. GAME OVER.
Metalcrack
32-bit

by Metalcrack Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Luke wrote:The funeral is open casket, and she is holding the baby, and both will be buried together. It's going to be a while to get that image out of my mind.

I'm sorry for the loss, and you are a better man than I. I would not be able to go.

Smile:My little girl imitating Curious George.

Mad: Car place called and couldn't find anything wrong with my truck. Couldn't hear the rattle and had no explanation for the front tires being slightly cupped, even though they have less than 6000 miles on them. Waiting for a call from the service manager. I replaced the ball joints before getting new tires, and there are no play in them or the tie rods. If an ASE guy can't find the problem I'm screwed.
Atari2600/Colecovision/Dreamcast/DS-Lite/GBA/NES/N64/Gamecube/Saturn/Master System/Genesis-32X-CD/PS1/PS2/PSP/TG16/Xbox/Xbox 360/

Budget Gaming PC: .... AMD Phenom II x3 720, 6870 1GB, 4GB 1600 Ram
Beak
64-bit

by Beak Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:56 pm

What ticked me off: I came home today and saw that apparently one of my roommates last night, while drunk, threw an egg out of the window and onto the top of my car.
vash23n
Next-Gen

by vash23n Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Metalcrack wrote:
Luke wrote:The funeral is open casket, and she is holding the baby, and both will be buried together. It's going to be a while to get that image out of my mind.

I'm sorry for the loss, and you are a better man than I. I would not be able to go.

Smile:My little girl imitating Curious George.

Mad: Car place called and couldn't find anything wrong with my truck. Couldn't hear the rattle and had no explanation for the front tires being slightly cupped, even though they have less than 6000 miles on them. Waiting for a call from the service manager. I replaced the ball joints before getting new tires, and there are no play in them or the tie rods. If an ASE guy can't find the problem I'm screwed.

Man I have had the same issue with my truck and car place.
vash23n
Next-Gen

by vash23n Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:07 pm

BAD PIXEL wrote:Hey man, great topic here. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's friend. I hope everyone is coping as well as they can with a situation like this. It really makes one appreciate every day when a terrible tragedy like this happens.

Smiled: I like the idea the card, with receipts for a first anniversary...haha... Wish I'd have thought about that.

Ticked: These older women at the gym this morning doing all sorts of ball and mat exercises right in the middle of the weight room, right against all the weights, making it impossible to get to some of the weights. They have a "women's area," so I'm not sure why they weren't working out there. Not only that, but they obviously had no idea about the exercises they were doing.

What ticks me off at the gym is all the old men walking around completely naked in the locker room. In my experience (and my wife says it's the same in the women's locker room) all of the young people who would probably be considered attractive don't do this. They undress, throw a towel around themselves, go to the shower, get dressed. The old people walk around and have conversations with each other and try to talk. I see them sitting in the sauna naked and one guy was even in the whirlpool like paddling around in there - all I can think of is ball soup. What's with old people!?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:17 pm

Luke wrote: The funeral is open casket, and she is holding the baby, and both will be buried together. It's going to be a while to get that image out of my mind.

That is fucked up. Personally, I think it's quite nice to bury them together, so don't get me wrong. But I'd think it only adds to the drama/grief to have an open casket where you can see the tragedy laid bare at the funeral. So while it is a reassuring/comforting thing to know that they are being buried together, it is not a wise decision for a wake, in my opinion. It might be the saddest funeral you'll ever attend. Be sure to grab a few beers before, and bring a flask and lots of tissues.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever