What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by marurun »

REPO Man wrote:So we're going to ignore the fact that my year-old nephew is in the hospital?

I mean, that sucks, but there's nothing any of us can do about it, and you did kind of bury the lede under your extensive and overly detailed shopping trip. If it's presented to us in a way that suggests it's not that important to you, why should it be that important to us? I hope everything goes well with him, regardless.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I mentioned him being sick last because it'd be pretty messed up to mention him being sick first and then yak about my shopping trip. I really hope he's doing alright. Apparently he had trouble breathing.
marurun

Post by marurun »

There are a lot of respiratory problems infants can get and most, thankfully, are treatable with proper care. I do hope he is ok.

Maybe next time leave off the shopping trip, mkay?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

He's got the croup. I'm just glad it wasn't something life threatening.

And my shopping trip was the first out of town trip I made in a year and a half, so naturally I was excited. I was also pissed I wasn't able to try my pants on since the fitting rooms were apparently locked and no one could get ahold of an associate. I'm just glad my khaki shorts fit. Without a washer and dryer in my place doing my own laundry is impossible. And there's no laundromat and the closest coin-op machines are at a nearby motel and are usually out of commission.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Went to the local shop and bought a walls magnum ice cream and a 6 pack of coca-cola zero, plus a packet of crisps - McCoys Cheese & Onion flavour of course. The magnum ice cream was just the bog-standard chocolate one which is a shame because I like the almond ones better. I last got the almond walls ice cream 4 weeks ago on a saturday when myself and my wife took my dog for a walk after we went to visit my wife's sister and her boyfriend. We took the dog for a walk at Wicksteed Park , which is this local park with a little lake and some fairground rides that's near me. It went under in the summer but some guys have bought it I think because the rides are open again. Anyhow, I had the almond magnum there, along with a bottle of dr.pepper that cost me £1.65 which is pretty expensive for a dr. pepper, and I got the dog some water too because it was pretty hot. He had Evian brand. I wish they had had baja blast but they've literally never sold that in the uk so I actually don't know what it is. Anyway, the man at the shop where I bought the ice cream and crisps was pretty happy to see me because I hadn't been in for a few days, I normally go quite often to buy coca-cola because I am a caffeine addict, but I'd been going to the local sainsbury's to pick up caffeine free coke for a while because I like to pretend it's somehow better for me. The guy at the shop is really nice though, maybe I should ask him to buy in caffeine free coke so I can buy it from him next time I fancy some McCoy's Cheese & Onion flavoured crisps.

In other news everyone I know and love has been garotted to death recently, so that sucks.

Oh, I almost forgot that I also bought a kinder bueno chocolate bar to go with my crisps and magnum, I was feeling pretty unhealthy that day. I got the white chocolate one. It cost 60p, so that was a bargain.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Is Baja blast still a thing? That was a Taco Bell exclusive during the mid 00s I think.

Or was it KFC…
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
marurun

Post by marurun »

Gucci wrote:Is Baja blast still a thing? That was a Taco Bell exclusive during the mid 00s I think.

Or was it KFC…

REPO, bring this gentleman up to speed. He clearly doesn't understand the power and glory of Baja Blast.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

marurun wrote:
Gucci wrote:Is Baja blast still a thing? That was a Taco Bell exclusive during the mid 00s I think.

Or was it KFC…

REPO, bring this gentleman up to speed. He clearly doesn't understand the power and glory of Baja Blast.

Baja Blast is a Taco Bell exclusive but for years they'd release it in stores for a limited time. And it's just freakin' tits.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

:D Beautiful weather this weekend. Might go to the gun range with my daughter.

:D Local seasonal seafood shack is opening today.

:D Going to beautiful Bar Harbor in a week.

:( Think I got blasted by those cuck moth caterpillars and now I'm itchy.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Alright...

I went on a little adventure just now to the local Walmart and while I was in the area, I went to the local 7-11 because of this Baja nonsense. While the last time I had Baja Blast was 2005, I would basically be going I’m fresh.

Based on the MD wiki (yes there’s a wiki dedicated to the Illustrious Mountain Dew), they have limited releases of BB, mainly during the summer. This year the limited period stated June 12th.

Unfortunately, I rolled snake eyes. They did have two other flavors I never had: Voltage (blue raspberry) and Major Melon (watermelon) so the trip wasn’t a total loss.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!