Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:42 am

Sorry, opa. I hope you’re feeling better soon. Keep us posted!
marurun

by marurun Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:09 am

opa wrote:I've been vaccinated but I work in a school so I would call it "inevitable".

Thank you for being a responsible school employee. I hope your convalescence is short and manageable. Let us know if you need us to float any additional well-wishes your way.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Sorry to hear that, opa. Hope your symptoms are manageable and you feel better soon. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:01 pm

Get well soon, opa!
opa
128-bit

by opa Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:48 am

Thank you for the well wishes/comments, everyone.
I'm doing okay. Just kinda feels flu-like except with significant fatigue.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:23 pm

:D Food Lion's got two new self-checkout registers!

:cry: My plans to get Switches for my nieces hit a snag. My mom said she's got a lot on her plate, money wise. And my aunt says she's got a multitude of reasons why she can't, the biggest being a lack of cash. And my brother's ex-wife, whose daughters are half the recipients of these Switches, just left the group chat on Messenger without saying a word.

I'm actually considering raising the cash on GoFundMe and saying the presents I get the kids with the money are from "Santa".
Last edited by REPO Man on Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marurun

by marurun Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:04 pm

You need to establish a better relationship with healthy and appropriate goals, because the relationship you have with your goals right now is severely dysfunctional. .
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:29 pm

marurun wrote:You need to establish a better relationship with healthy and appropriate goals, because the relationship you have with your goals right now is severely dysfunctional. .

Right, REPO. What they’re signaling to you (and what you’re not picking up from anyone) is:

THIS IS A BAD IDEA AND A WASTE OF MONEY. THE KIDS DON’T WANT THIS PRESENT NEARLY AS MUCH AS YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET IT FOR THEM, AND YOU SHOULD SPEND YOUR MONEY MORE RESPONSIBLY.

This message probably won’t get through to you either - REPO knows best, after all! - but I’m sending it out there just in case.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:04 pm

REPO, dude, my guy. You have some really neat goals and aspirations. Unfortunately, your goals and aspirations forget that you're poor. I feel you; I once had it in my head to buy my mom a used truck for her birthday and then to go for a full US Vita set. Unfortunately, I, too, am poor. And that's okay. But we need to adjust our goals to be more in line with that. Your nieces will love you without buying expensive shit for them that they may or may not even appreciate, and - assuming this is still your goal and I haven't missed something major - you can find a place that will make you just as happy (honestly probably happier) than New York; and in both of those things, you can find alternatives that are actually financially attainable.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Flake

by Flake Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:32 pm

REPO, I think it is in your best interest to give me a special power of attorney over your finances. I'll make the good decisions for you and hook you up with financial stability.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever