What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by marurun »

I would work on rent before Switches. Priorities.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Why do you think I'm trying to get my whole family to pitch in?
marurun

Post by marurun »

REPO Man wrote:Why do you think I'm trying to get my whole family to pitch in?

That doesn’t actually address my statement in the least.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

REPO Man wrote:But this also means less income and having to spend spring and possibly a good part of summer paying off 10-15 hundred bucks in back rent.

So naturally I'm trying to figure out how to buy Nintendo Switches for my nieces

Pay your goddamn rent before you spent a ton of money on other people.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

MrPopo wrote:
REPO Man wrote:But this also means less income and having to spend spring and possibly a good part of summer paying off 10-15 hundred bucks in back rent.

So naturally I'm trying to figure out how to buy Nintendo Switches for my nieces

Pay your goddamn rent before you spent a ton of money on other people.

Big agree with Popo here. I hate to be so blunt, but if you're not even responsible enough to pay your rent where you live now, you have zero chance of ever being able to afford a move to NYC (let alone affording rent once you get there). Saving money and moving are both very hard, but if you don't get your priorities straight, you'll be where you are now forever.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Sorry to hear about your loss Elkin. My first cat that I had from 2007 had past last year so I know how you feel. We got a pillow with an image of my cat so it looks like he’s forever laying on his favorite spot on the couch. Freaks my mom out, however. If you’re interested in something like that, I can get you the info.

I hope you’re feeling better Samurai. When I had the second shot, the biggest issue was soreness at the injection site. I consider myself lucky and hope you pull through.

Repo: you’re logic does not compute. Please pay your rent before buying anything that is not required to survive (food for example). It even sounds silly typing this out.

Deadass. Pay your rent. NYC is a cold, heartless bitch, and if you are going to be homeless within the first 90 days, don’t bother going. I don’t mean to sound heartless myself but adding to the homeless problem is the last thing this city needs. Resources are already strained. It’s bad for the homeless. It’s bad for NYCHA residents (low income housing).
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I have bipolar so I do suffer from impulses, so I can kind of get repo wanting to do that stuff, but the remorse always comes after, and I never even had bankruptcy yet so I can't imagine doing that when there's backrent.

I literally only spend on random things at the last week of the month, or when EVERYTHING is paid off first to avoid this. Disability comes in at the last day of the month. Rent gets deducted at the first. I then pay my partner my share of the food bills. I usually have a pay stub that comes in around that time, but all that goes to my credit card bill before spending anything else.

My next advice would be to set a topic of what you wanna get. Before it was video games, but now I wanna get tattoos, so I stopped buying games.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I've recovered a bit but I'm definitely still sick. Hope I don't have to get a 3rd shot as a booster, both the 1st and 2nd made me really sick

Hope you continue to feel better, Megas. I was also sick from both shots. My reaction was similar to yours, and it took me a few days to recover from each shot. The morning after my second shot, I even had pretty intense chills and muscle spasms and started to get pretty worried, but luckily it passed after a few hours. Definitely wasn't a good experience, but was happy to get vaccinated, especially since I live in a dense area.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I'm still feeling weak, and coughing a little, but I have 100% noticeably improved. I honestly was worried I got full blown COVID at first, it was that bad. I had to skip my classes yesterday because there was 100% no chance of me being able to walk from class to class, let alone walk a mile to campus. I'm sitting in my accounting class waiting for it to start now, but I had to get a ride from a neighbor to get here cause that walk to campus would still be too much for me. Barely eaten the past few days too, which doesn't help with feeling weak. Hopefully after class today I can actually eat a decent meal and keep it down.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

Your immune system is on the warpath. Thank goodness the COVID vaccine isn't an attenuated virus vaccine. You might feel like crap, but it cannot actually give you COVID.

I had a COVID Test over the weekend because my allergies hit so hard and fast I was actually fatigued by my own immune system's errant response and was concerned. I had a PCR test so I have reasonable certainty it was not at all COVID. But man, lately my allergies have been hitting like a truck at the beginning of the season. I don't get it at all.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile