What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by REPO Man »

:D Looks like a new morning QA has been hired.

Hopefully this means getting two nights off instead of only one and not losing a night off.

I'll probably have to work the odd midshift, though.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Note wrote:Congrats, stickem! Big achievement for you and the family!

Thanks. This is extra special because 1, best mothers day gift ever. 2, we have two rainbow babys, and to be able to raise 2 girls trying again, stressed about "oh no not again" it's just indescribable folks..
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Was late to my morning job today because I forgot to set my alarms with my current schedule in mind. So instead of waking up at 6am, I woke up at quarter after 7 and managed to get to work around 7:36.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

stickem wrote:

Thanks. This is extra special because 1, best mothers day gift ever. 2, we have two rainbow babys, and to be able to raise 2 girls trying again, stressed about "oh no not again" it's just indescribable folks..

Yes, congratulations.

Ticked Off: My kids' school is having another scheduled "E-learning day" for students. My second-grader was given about thirty minutes of homework to count as six instructional hours. My fifth-grader was literally given NO assignments or instruction for the day, again to count as six instructional hours.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Limewater wrote:
stickem wrote:

Yes, congratulations.

Ticked Off: My kids' school is having another scheduled "E-learning day" for students. My second-grader was given about thirty minutes of homework to count as six instructional hours. My fifth-grader was literally given NO assignments or instruction for the day, again to count as six instructional hours.

Man schools these days. I barely no what's going on. I remember the days when we got 3 weeks in on a progress report card, and now we no nothing but grades on an email. No books, everything online, and apparently no homework. Its hard nowadays to keep track on your childs circumstance.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

stickem wrote:Thanks. This is extra special because 1, best mothers day gift ever. 2, we have two rainbow babys, and to be able to raise 2 girls trying again, stressed about "oh no not again" it's just indescribable folks..

That's amazing man. Best of luck to your daughter in whatever she ventures into next!
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Limewater wrote:Ticked Off: My kids' school is having another scheduled "E-learning day" for students. My second-grader was given about thirty minutes of homework to count as six instructional hours. My fifth-grader was literally given NO assignments or instruction for the day, again to count as six instructional hours.

That's terrible. Smh. How often do they schedule the "e-learning" days?

Looking back on it, I'm glad I was able to attend school in different circumstances, mostly without the distractions of modern technology and attending in person.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Note wrote:That's terrible. Smh. How often do they schedule the "e-learning" days?

Looking back on it, I'm glad I was able to attend school in different circumstances, mostly without the distractions of modern technology and attending in person.

It was only three "scheduled" days this year, plus they do ad-hoc "e-learning" days instead of just closing for weather so that they don't ever have to do a make-up weather day. They're always really half-assed and almost worthless. This was just the first time it's been indisputably not delievered and completely worthless.

It is particularly frustrating because the kids are all still really behind due to the months of learning loss from all of the disruption, closures. and remote schooling with Covid.
My daughter is in fifth grade advanced math. They spent about the first half of the year covering fourth-grade material that had never been covered with her cohort. In this context, and knowing how worthless the e-learning days are, scheduling them is a real slap in the face for kids and parents.

Currently, there are none scheduled for next year, thankfully, but this year they didn't add them until two weeks into the school year, so they can always add them back.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Limewater wrote:Currently, there are none scheduled for next year, thankfully, but this year they didn't add them until two weeks into the school year, so they can always add them back.

Hope it stays that way and those days aren't added back at the last minute. It really stinks that kids are behind in school because of the pandemic.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Two weeks ago the full-time dishwasher quit. Last week one of the four cooks quit. This week? The head chef quit. Work is going to be interesting lmao. If any huge drama comes from this ie an imbecile for a new boss, or a strict bastard, I'm fucking off too.